AVS Forum banner

Which one would you choose based just on picture quality?

• Sony KDL-40XBR2

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Panasonic TH-PX60U

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on picture quality and not price, which one is better?

I know it's an odd question.

My needs: 12 foot bedroom, primarily as a TV.

Price is not an issue, but I feel Panasonic and Pioneer plasmas are about the same quality, but I prefer Panasonic.

I worry about the Sony's now famous clouds issue, but I worry about the future-proofness of the Panasonic since 1080p where everything is headed.

I naturally feel that a plasma's picture quality is superior to an LCD's, with the possible exception of only the Sony's. I am absolutely floored by the Sony XBR2's picture quality, and to be honest, if you had told the Panasonic cost the same amount of money (and wasn't on the verge of being a cheap-ish plasma) then I'd likely be floored by the Panasonic's picture quality as well.

If anyone could comment on the differences b/w the XBR2 and the Bravia lines for the 1080p 40" Bravia models, (Sony 40" KDL-40V2500) I'd be grateful, too. I only care about picture quality.

I had a Vizio 47" thinking it was a good deal and it is 100% not even close to acceptable to me. A regular Dell computer monitor like the 24" I've found to be far superior to the Vizio, and it's not even a dedicated TV.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.