AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently got an Xbox 1 system that has a bunch of emulators on it. You can play Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, old Nintendo NES, stuff like that. Of course, a standard Xbox controller doesn't work very well with these emulators, primarily because the D-Pads aren't very good, and the buttons are kinda lame for 8-bit and 16-bit gaming.

I was wondering if there was a 3rd party controller out there for the Xbox 1 that had a more "retro" feel. With a better D-pad and better buttons?

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
I've tried a few "gamepads" none of the dpads were any better for those games. Maybe there's a large stick type controller you could try. The reality is that this is why people build 4 way joysticks into MAME units, just for the old games.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1 /forum/post/14269076

Recently got an Xbox 1 system that has a bunch of emulators on it. You can play Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, old Nintendo NES, stuff like that. Of course, a standard Xbox controller doesn't work very well with these emulators, primarily because the D-Pads aren't very good, and the buttons are kinda lame for 8-bit and 16-bit gaming.

I was wondering if there was a 3rd party controller out there for the Xbox 1 that had a more "retro" feel. With a better D-pad and better buttons?

There were a couple of arcade style controllers made by 3rd party manufacturers for Xbox and PS2. The ones I'm thinking of were pretty huge. If you have a Five Below store chain in your area, check them out as I saw the following controller for $5 a few months ago. Might be a piece of junk though.

http://www.amazon.com/Gamester-RC711...5833572&sr=8-2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts