AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So I sold my Polk junk and started building proper subs. Designed by LTD02.

My living room/HT is 3300 cuft. Subs are tuned to 17Hz. 30mm and 22mm MDF is used. Powered by iNuke 3000DSP. Driver: 1542D. One sub is done.

Plans:

MDF:

Bracing:

Adding primer:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Nice, I'm a big fan of the Alpine Type R subs. Works in tons of enclosure designs and have nice SQ. They can also take a bunch of juice due to effective cooling.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
despite looking around several times in the past, i have never been able to find a measurement of that driver. others have searched in vain as well.

next time you are set up to run some measurements, if you get the inclination to drag the sub into the middle of the room and place the mic about 3 inches directly in front of the driver and run a full sweep (at least up to 200hz) with no room correction, no eq, no low pass filtering...that would be pretty cool. :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
despite looking around several times in the past, i have never been able to find a measurement of that driver. others have searched in vain as well.

next time you are set up to run some measurements, if you get the inclination to drag the sub into the middle of the room and place the mic about 3 inches directly in front of the driver and run a full sweep (at least up to 200hz) with no room correction, no eq, no low pass filtering...that would be pretty cool. :)
Do that outside at 1 meter perhaps more useful.
Its sensivity is terrible due to rock-solid mechanical resistance (you can rest another subwoofer on the cone without it bottoming out), but this means it has extremely low distortion. 1000w rms 3000w peak during music sounds exactly like 100w rms 300w peak only louder. Its probably the most common series of subwoofers in the car SQ scene here in northern Norway.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
thank you. i understand what you are saying. i am simply interested in the information requested while being minimally burdensome. a close mic response is all that i really am looking for.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
"Just 3 inches? Nothing else? No port plugging?"

with such a low tune, its all driver from about 30hz up* and that is what i am interested to see, so no port plugging is needed. just look'n for a simple raw sweep of the driver with no processing/filters/eq/etc.

*i meant from about 30hz up the response of the driver in the ported cab and the sealed cab are about the same. the port is actually providing some contribution everywhere and significant contribution below about 40hz.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts