AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have white jagged lines that are to the right of all letters and the image on ESPNHD only. I just activated the HD package yesterday on Dishnetwork and the other channels look fine. Dish has no idea what it could be and my brother who lives 20 miles away and has the exact same equipment says it looks fine at his place. Any ideas? I have a 55 in. Mitsubishi and a 6000 receiver with 8vsb and 8psk.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I use to have the same problem with my local PBS station. The solution that I did is as follows:

You will need to get into the 6000 receiver's setup menu (see your manual) and find its centering control. You should be able to adjust picture centering just slightly to the right until the picture is consistently stable and free of the distortion you're seeing. Do not adjust centering on your Mitsubishi RPTV, it has no effect.

Hope this will help you.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Yeah, do what global said. 6000's HD setup menu (6,1,9) and use the Adjust tab when you're seeing the problem. A few clicks right or left will clear it up. It's a one time adjustment for a known bug when the 6000 is converting a 720p signal to 1080i. Some 6000's are just enough out of adjustment from the factory to have the jagged edges show up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.