AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Sammy 56in delivered today.I have the Hughes HTL-HD reciever sending 720p over DVI.I noticed on some channels(Non HD) a white scan line on the very top of the screen..Is there any way to get rid of it.I must say out the box this thing is AMAZING...Havent done any tweaks to the pic yet.Any help appreciated!!

BTW..Ive heard of running the set for 24hrs to "break it in"..Any input on this..Thanx again!!

·
2,436 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,

I am sure that some of the Sammy owners will chime in. I know exactly what you are seeing and on my set (Philips Cineos) you can move the entire screen image up, down, left and right. When I see that I just move the image up a click or two.

I have read that if you let it burn for XX number of hours that the bulb last longer. I cant say I've seen concrete evidence to support that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the welcome!!

OK so I guess this line has nothing to do with the TV(Just set up Sammy HD931 and didnt see a line)..Ill look thru he manual and see if I can move the screen.Hope to hear from some Sammy owners also...Thanx!!

·
Coyote Waits
27,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by GIXX1300
Just got my Sammy 56in delivered today.I have the Hughes HTL-HD receiver sending 720p over DVI.I noticed on some channels(Non HD) a white scan line on the very top of the screen..Is there any way to get rid of it.
You can use the service menu (SM) to adjust the image. That changes it for all inputs. If you use this method it might be best to do a little reading in the "tweak" threads first.

A better solution would be to make the same adjustment in the STB if possible. The Samsung STB for DirecTV allows you to adjust image location. I don't know if the Hughes receiver does.

For future reference here are instructions for getting into the HLN567 SM.

Find Samsung Firmware Version:

The firmware version installed on any set is recorded on the first page of the SM. There is a long ID number at the bottom of the page. The last three digits are the firmware version of your set.

Remember that in any dealing with Samsung you are not supposed to know your firmware version.

Instructions for accessing the Samsung Service Menu:

Anyone using these suggestions should know that I am passing on the wisdom of others and that I have no personal knowledge of the Samsung DLP TVs. I'm still waiting.

On the other hand I can recommend, without any reservations, recording all original SM settings before making changes.

****** Thanks to LCH for a clearer explanation than the one I wrote. 09/02/2003 ******

Turn Melody off in the user menu (allows entering the Service Menu from power On state without using a lamp cycle).

With the set ON, press Power-Mute-1-8-2-Power in quick succession.

(If the set is already off, just do Mute-1-8-2-Power )

The service menu should appear for the input you were viewing before keying the above sequence. Be sure to give the set enough time to complete the process(30-60 seconds).

While in the service menu, you can change inputs with the TV/Video button to view the SM for other modes.

Use the CH up, CH down & select keys to navigate the Service Menu. Press MENU to return to the main Service Menu after viewing individual functions.

Later, you will use the VOL(+) & VOL(-) keys to change the SM values.

To Exit the SM, power off. Leave it off for several(30) seconds. (until all cooling activity is complete)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
The white line that you see is produced by your STB - related to scan lines in a TV broadcast. It can be seen on all STB's and on on all TV's. If your TV is set to TV-wide mode, it should go away due to overscan. There is no need to touch the SM for this issue.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by arungupta
The white line that you see is produced by your STB - related to scan lines in a TV broadcast. It can be seen on all STB's and on on all TV's. If your TV is set to TV-wide mode, it should go away due to overscan. There is no need to touch the SM for this issue.
Thanx Much...Would rather not do any tweks yet till I get a real for it!!

·
Coyote Waits
27,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arungupta
There is no need to touch the SM for this issue.
If I had a HDTV (Samsung) I'm sure I would be smarter. Sorry I didn't think of "Wide (TV)" and DVI. :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.