AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Couple of months ago I was browsing the section on DIY screens that sugested the Do-Able board. I quickly noticed that they are very rare. I did an experiment with white masonite and the result is amazing. White masonite can be found anywhere, I used a 1/4 inch board that was cut to give a 96 inch screen. I have an Optoma HD70. Here are a few pics of my setup and a screen snapshot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too was having a hard time finding a surface to paint for my screen and choose masonite as well, but without the white surface. These boards work great for painting since they have a smooth surface and can be had for under $10.

·
Registered
80 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadOf2 /forum/post/0

I too was having a hard time finding a surface to paint for my screen and choose masonite as well, but without the white surface. These boards work great for painting since they have a smooth surface and can be had for under $10.

Do you neccesarily have to paint the board if it's white masonite? (I can get white masonite at the Home Depot here) .. I'm trying to avoid painting it .. the White Masonite I can get is 4 x 8 and 1/4" thick ..

Thanks!

-djbuddha

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbuddha /forum/post/0

Do you neccesarily have to paint the board if it's white masonite? (I can get white masonite at the Home Depot here) .. I'm trying to avoid painting it .. the White Masonite I can get is 4 x 8 and 1/4" thick ..

Thanks!

-djbuddha

For mine I just used the white masonite not painted. Make sure you have a good board with not damages.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Slanner-

You should provide SKU and UPC numbers to help out the folks up your way who are looking for the material that you've found. If you don't have them handy, maybe a trip back to the store is in order. Also, you should contact garry (prof55) and talk to him about shipping him a piece and having it spectrophotometered (or whatever the hell they call it). Some factual hard data would be good for you to have on this material. -j

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.