AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 1767 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
I got some pictures too. Auburn said what is the hardest stage to frame, I said curves, he said lets do three then.

LOL!!!! Thats where you say hourly rate doubles :D No it looks outstanding I LOVE it and once it comes together it will really look good..... But I am still calling him a wimp no sand! :( Its a right of passage.. Then again that looks like 2x12s that would be 100 bags easy I got 42 in mine this week and I only had 2x10s and 42" x 11' 11"

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,447 Posts
more. Auburn demonstrates proper Green Glue sucking technique. Only stick the tip in and don't bang it on the side, Surgeons gloves are optional. If you look you can see the outline of the step that will be in front of the stage. need to put the oak facing on first.

IMG_3287.jpg

IMG_3290.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3315.jpg

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
more. Auburn demonstrates proper Green Glue sucking technique. Only stick the tip in and don't bang it on the side, Surgeons gloves are optional. If you look you can see the outline of the step that will be in front of the stage. need to put the oak facing on first.
lol those are awesome pictures Jeff!

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,447 Posts
we had a visitor today who lent a hand and also took an album of photos that we will sort through and post. But I think this one sums up this project. Every time we have an issue of vision versus reality we stare at it and a solution presents itself. This time it was to kerf the board to make it bend easier. Thanks CM

enough staring back to work, a good action shot and perspective of the room

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
we had a visitor today who lent a hand and also took an album of photos that we will sort through and post. But I think this one sums up this project. Every time we have an issue of vision versus reality we stare at it and a solution presents itself. This time it was to kerf the board to make it bend easier. Thanks CM

Heh, yeah, I think I might spend at least 10% of my time in the theater just staring at things and waiting for inspiration to strike... and inevitably realizing that said inspiration will never come and just do whatever it takes to get to the next step :D

301 - 320 of 1767 Posts