AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an inexpensive source for a white/beige/light gray colored M-M vga cable for an ae100? The usual suspects appear to only sell black colored vga cables (e.g. pccables, a2zcables, comcat, etc)

While we're on this topic, please also recommend a white or grey power cable to replace stock ae100 power cable. I heard some were using the radio shack power cable - anyone know what color it is?

(The reason i care about any of this is b/c we've got white carpet and walls in our living room, and right now we have black cables running everywhere)

Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
If you can't find all white cabling, the worst case scenario is simply wrapping white electrical tape around all that black cable--it's time consuming and real pain, but it's pretty cheap and easy.

·
Registered
247 Posts
instead of white electrical tape, I'd suggest white heat shrink tubing, there is stuff that will shrink more than 50 percent. It will look cleaner - longer.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
An alternative is go to your local hardware superstore and look for white/cream colored wire channels (or whatever they are called) and run your cable through them. They come in various sizes from square or half oval ones that fit a single cable or power cord to relatively wide flat ones that can handle a couple of cables/cords.

They usually have double-sided tape to make them adhere to walls.

An alternative for your VGA cables is to look up the thread on making a VGA cable from shielded CAT-5. It's a lot thinner and grey is pretty common.

You might also try your local electronics swap meets...a lot of montior power cords come in white or gray to match the color of the monitors. I bet someone will have a box of power cords or something for sale. I know I have a couple of off white ones from old monitors I've owned.

Nigel

·
Registered
372 Posts
I think a better idea would be to paint the cable.. Some spray paint would do a great job and it is very easy to do. However, you have to find the spay paint that will paint plastic.

here is one site that sells white VGA
http://www.networktechinc.com/cable-pc.html

for the power cord, just make it yourself. All you have to do is order the IEC, and you can have any color cable you want. Try this site for making your own power cord
http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage....&WebPage_ID=26

I hope that helps

Mario

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.