AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
3,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok. So I have a DIY 120" fixed frame white screen that I built and I'm quite happy with it...but...I just made one for my buddy using Grey material from an online retailer and the image seemed to be much crisper...better colours and much better blacks than on my matt white.

so...I'm wondering, should I be switching over to Grey??? Should I consider the Silver screens such as a Stewart Firehawk instead? would this give even better image quality?

I have only ever used matt white screens..but now I'm second guessign myself. any help?

I have a Benq W9000 projector btw. throw is 20ft to the screen. would a darker screen make the image better in ambient light? I always thought the white would be better, but now i'm thinking I am wrong about that after seeing the results on a darker grey screen in the light. HELP?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
We started with a white screen - it's in the box in our garage.

Been using gray for over three years and just upgraded to a bigger screen - also gray.

In our experience and opinion, Gray makes the scaling "black bars" almost invisible that - ALL projectors throw these scaling bars with their image when scaling non native aspect ratio content.

Gray also reflects a lot less light back into the eyes of viewers and handles room ambient light better than any white screen.

We use and vote for gray.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.