AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Titan TV lists WGN's broadcast of the Sox and Mariners this Saturday night, May 3, as "HD". Can this be true?

Hope so!!!

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
It could be. We had our WB50 station here in DC broadcast a Wizards game in HD a few weeks back. The game was actually covered by Comcast Sports Network's crew but broadcast OTA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wish WGN-TV would do a better job of posting on their website which games are broadcast in HDTV. I emailed them about it but apparently they can't determine this too far in advance. Does anyone know of a different way other then scrolling through the TitanTV grids to search for HDTV baseball on WGN?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
We usually get a note from the WGN station management regarding these events, hasn't happened yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was at a sox game early in the month and the new score board in center field is Hi Def. During the game when fans were on TV it was in HD and it look great, so maybe it will be broadcast in HDTV.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
We usually get a note from the WGN station management regarding these events, hasn't happened yet.
Let's hope something comes your way soon. I'm not much of a baseball fan anymore (not since the '94 strike - yeah I had Sox season tix :) ), but I am an HD fan!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I sent an email to the WGN Sports department (link from their web site) asking about any upcoming Cubs or Sox games in HD. Got a reply back relatively quickly that said there was nothing on the schedule as of yet, but they're trying to get at least one of the Cubs vs. Sox games on in HD. The email didn't say which series, but last year they had one of the games from Wrigley in HD.

Marc

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
sox vs seattle this sunday btw[espn and espnHD]

·
Registered
256 Posts
They have. I saw it last year and the year before. The second game looked better. I can't wait to see this years. Maybe even 5.1?

Tom

Quote:
Originally posted by illini
Iwish i could get the CUBS IN HI DEF.

·
Registered
866 Posts
White Sox game in Hi-Def; all the better to see drunk/drugged out looser white trash running onto the playing field. :D

Have previous WGN hi-def games been available outside the Chicagoland area?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I believe the first one was also on HDNET on DirecTV.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beebe
White Sox game in Hi-Def; all the better to see drunk/drugged out looser white trash running onto the playing field. :D

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beebe
Some of them, yes, on both DirecTV & Dish Network.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.