AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can they be cleaned or removed somehow? Look at this pic you can see the white spots pretty easily, you can see them without going real close to the screen but with the camera flash they show up. In movies they appear to be dark spots, and arent TOO noticable, but they do bother me.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oantbankso/newx33.JPG

And here it is with the lights off, you cant really see the spots, they only show up in bright/white scenes.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oantbankso/newx32.JPG

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Can you give us some more information, you don't mention what projector your using or what screen. However, I can see from the picture it is a Dalite screen, but which model? It appears you have a huge screen, what is the throw distance to the projector, and where is your projector zoom set?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im using an X3 projector, I was using an X1 so maybe the brightness of the X3 makes it more visable. Also the screen is Dalite Model C 65" x 116"

High Power. So its a 133" diagnal screen thrown from about 20 feet I would say, I never noticed the spots with my X1.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I'm not sure, maybe someone else will chime in here, but I wonder if this is what people call "hot spotting" I believe the High Power has a higher gain? If the X3 has higher lumen ratings, the High Power may not be a good combination. Does the X3 have a low lumen mode? Or have you tried adjusting the brightness or other settings?

I'm not much help as I'm a LCD Sanyo Z2 guy :)

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
I can't tell much but it could be sparklies you are seeing. When you say white spots, are they all over?

Sorry I don't really see them.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look to the right of his mouth and under his nose in the first picture, there are white spots right there, those are what Im talking about.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea one fairly big line and a few small ones, up close they are big dots though.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Weird. It looks to me like a coating error or something. That isn't hotspotting. Is there anything there when the lights are on and no image is on the screen? Look at it at a sharp angle as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.