AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finishing a remodel and now I get the chance to buy some new speakers! Previous set (2008) I spent about $2K on for a Klipsch 5.1 system. I'm now looking to go big (for me) and spend ~$1700/tower/center.

The only problem is we've got a very white house. So the speakers need to be white and the grills need to be gray-ish at their darkest. I've seen the BW 700 series and will probably go with the 704s unless y'all have a better idea.

Any suggestions. Powering them is a whole new issue I haven't even thought about yet - feel free to throw ideas. I don't have a budget yet but I'm a quick learner.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts

·
Registered
21,467 Posts
I'm finishing a remodel and now I get the chance to buy some new speakers! Previous set (2008) I spent about $2K on for a Klipsch 5.1 system. I'm now looking to go big (for me) and spend ~$1700/tower/center.

The only problem is we've got a very white house. So the speakers need to be white and the grills need to be gray-ish at their darkest. I've seen the BW 700 series and will probably go with the 704s unless y'all have a better idea.

Any suggestions. Powering them is a whole new issue I haven't even thought about yet - feel free to throw ideas. I don't have a budget yet but I'm a quick learner.
Yes, I found the Q Acoustics Concept 20s to sound very similarly to my older well regarded B&W CM1 Concept 90s, but I have to believe that the 700 series might be a step up.

But Q Acoustics is a very safe bet in that it is not a polarizing speaker on AVS like Klipsch can be.

As to "power" I got this note from Amazon today on a 100 watt AVR for $399.

Offer runs out in 12 hours or so.

https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Elite-Component-Receiver-VSX-LX302/dp/B06ZZMVT8M?ref=dotd_lm&ref_=pe_837390_368374880

·
Registered
8,587 Posts

Lots of options in white tower speakers:

https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/white_tower_speakers.html?&pg=2#&nvpair=FFCategory|[rank11999]Home%20Speakers

It might help to know what is it about the Klipsch speakers that you liked and disliked (i.e. why you feel the need to upgrade?). Also, the size of the complete open area and the seating distance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts