AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Raptor-S.../dp/B001LNMFB2

The thing is the name and look of the speakers isn't even trying to be top shelf so maybe they are what they claim the be and decent medium quality speakers?

I'm not looking for spectacular, but better then a HTIB, as I can pick up these for around 170 online and a Marantz SR4002 for about the same price as the Onkyo SR800 HTIB I was looking at.

I have a ps3 so the Marantz is preferred due to it's ability to accept hdmi as an input. I also have a large room and favor bigger drivers, to me even crappy large drivers sound better then 3 inch satellites.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I would go with tSc rather than those guys.

·
Premium Member
5,900 Posts
"The Dual Voice Coil allows for a Kickin' Bass Punch in the Room!"

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the TSC ones look nice but the 3 inch woofers scare me a little, all the satalite systems ive heard with small satalite woofers sound bad, either the subwoofer goes mid bass and it locatable and talks to you, or there is no mid bass.

The jbl's look amazing at 90 per pair, still out of budget for 4 but at 90 each they are way out of budget.

I still almost want to try the white van ones,... they can't be that bad can they? I mean worse comes to worse i could make a new crossover or something if it's really bad right? it's just a couple caps and coils.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drago6817 /forum/post/15579172

http://www.amazon.com/T-Rex-Raptor-S.../dp/B001LNMFB2

The thing is the name and look of the speakers isn't even trying to be top shelf so maybe they are what they claim the be and decent medium quality speakers?

I'm not looking for spectacular, but better then a HTIB, as I can pick up these for around 170 online and a Marantz SR4002 for about the same price as the Onkyo SR800 HTIB I was looking at.

I have a ps3 so the Marantz is preferred due to it's ability to accept hdmi as an input. I also have a large room and favor bigger drivers, to me even crappy large drivers sound better then 3 inch satellites.

Thanks.

"It's a Kenner Spin And Play"

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with blued888 and m_vanmeter......even better, for $75 you can't go wrong for that system from TSC while they last, received this clearance notice via email from TSC:

--------------------------------

Save 62%

CHECK OUT THIS HOT CLEARANCE ITEM!

We checked our after-Christmas inventory and we sold through most of it -- except for a couple of items. One of these is our ACHT200 Home Theater System.

While supplies last, you can get this 5.1 Home Theater System for an insanely low $74.99. That's right. Save over 60% NOW. No catches, no kidding.

Normally $196.48, this system features a powered sub and 5 small high quality satellite speakers.

Click here and use coupon code ACHT7499 at checkout.

--------------------------------

I checked the code and it works, 1/18/09. All items are checked out through Amazon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts