AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Optoma (65? I think) DLP. I've had the projector for years, still on the same bulb. I a bright white flashing line down center of screen, flickers at times, remains steady at times. If I giggle the DVI cable, it moves a bit but doesn't go away. Am I at the end of the bulb or life of the pj unit? Any advice? the rest of the picture looks fine, except for this vertical white band. . .

Cheers,

Joel

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
It isn't the bulb, that will NEVER be the problem. It sounds like you have a problem with the image processor. Time to replace the projector, it isn't a cheap repair.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ouch, since posting, the image has degredated even more, I can seen the bulb light within the projector, but no longer an image on the screen, just a flickering light that for some reason was all the way on the cieling earler, and now is about 2 ft below the screen, although the projector hadn't moved at all. . .

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, it had a good run. Is ti not worth fixing? I'm seeing sub-$1300 1080p projectors (Mits), is that my best route to upgrade to 1080p? I have good light control (not great), and a 100" home depot screen, would love to get something dialed in for use with my newly built HTPC. I wanted to stay under $1k, but it seems to get 1080p I need to go up a bit more. Still reading the threads in this forum, its been a while.

Thanx for input/suggestions.

Cheers,

joel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts