AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about it? I can't find anything. I saw it today and thought it looked very nice and had a great price. I think something mentioned the panel was made by LG. It was all in Chinese, so I couldn't read it though.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one's heard of it? I'm pretty sure I'm not going crazy. The sticker said it was new, but Googling finds nothing as well. I was really impressed with the PQ, although it was in torch mode and needed some tuning only the Pio looked better. At 2K (less than 1/2 the price of the Pio here in Taiwan) it seems like a real steal for a new XGA LG panel. Westy seems to have some decent electronics to back it up as well. I'll be able to check it out this weekend to make sure. I think it said 3000:1 contrast, but it looked really similar to the 10,000:1 LG panel near it. I'm thinking it's the same panel, but Westy is using the traditional contrast ratio label and the LG branded panel is using the dynamic labeling. (maybe some part of the deal when Westy bought the panels) Both seemed to display the same tendency to blow out whites when it torch mode, but the blacks did stay black. Hopefully it has HDMI and all the other goodies.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.