AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this question has already been asked. I did a browsed briefly.

My question is this: Who needs to use a digital converter box after the switchover? Only those that are receiving their TV signals OTA? What about those that receive their signals through their cable company (without a box)?

My situation is the second one, receiving basic cable from my local cable company but without any boxes. Would I still need to get a converter box in order for my RTV to function as it does now?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,562 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner10552 /forum/post/14175463

My question is this: Who needs to use a digital converter box after the switchover? Only those that are receiving their TV signals OTA? What about those that receive their signals through their cable company (without a box)?

My situation is the second one, receiving basic cable from my local cable company but without any boxes. Would I still need to get a converter box in order for my RTV to function as it does now?

Thanks!

i dont know but i'll bet your cableco would know if you called them.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner10552 /forum/post/14175463

Thanks!

In your case, no you don't need one.

The converter boxes are only for OTA reception.

Government FAQ on DTV Switch Affecting Cable

The only reason you would need a Cable Box is if/when your CableCo decides to switch to all Digital Cable, but you'd get a Cable Box - they use a different transmission method than OTA broadcasts.

--Walburga

1 - 3 of 3 Posts