AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like a pair of these built. Can anybody please point me in the direction of somebody who can build these for me? I will of course pay any reasonable fee. Will also check my PMs for any offers.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
it may make it difficult for some or any one to reach out in as much no one know exactly where you are other than , an assumption here, planet earth
I enjoy building, given a "reasonable" plan . . . and a no stress atmosphere helps

for ALL the info and help here, is it just a preferenace to not having to bother with the build ?

just curious, in as much as this section IS labeled DIY . . .

good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ask mtg90, I think he is the one who assembles the crossovers for diysoundgroup.
Thank you... I will find him and reach out...

it may make it difficult for some or any one to reach out in as much no one know exactly where you are other than , an assumption here, planet earth
That's easy, I am in Chennai, India. But in all probability I will want the thing shipped within mainland USA... In about six weeks, I have a number of people coming back to India (they will be in Cleveland for a music festival), and they will carry the components for me.

for ALL the info and help here, is it just a preferenace to not having to bother with the build ? just curious, in as much as this section IS labeled DIY . . .
Well, the speakers will be built by my carpenter :eek: I tried building the Econowave crossover (the first and last thing I tried) and it was a disaster... I'm simply no good with my hands - I do design very low decay time/hemi-anechoic studios though - so I'm not good for nothing ;)

Thanks,

·
Banned
29,681 Posts
You kind of need to measure the drivers, in the enclosure... on and off axis... to determine a proper crossover. Ideally.. anyways.

Otherwise designing a crossover is easy. It's just the math formulas.

You can cheat and use something like Xsim which is way easier if you are noob like me at the math.

But without measuring the woofer and tweeter in the enclosure you are just arbitrarily guessing at a value, which to do is rather simple once you make the determination. Then you need to worry about the delay/time, balance the load, baffle step etc... all stuff best done with the actual speaker being measured and tested. Do you already have the drivers? The enclosure?

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
You kind of need to measure the drivers, in the enclosure... on and off axis... to determine a proper crossover. Ideally.. anyways.

Otherwise designing a crossover is easy. It's just the math formulas.

You can cheat and use something like Xsim which is way easier if you are noob like me at the math.

But without measuring the woofer and tweeter in the enclosure you are just arbitrarily guessing at a value, which to do is rather simple once you make the determination. Then you need to worry about the delay/time, balance the load, baffle step etc... all stuff best done with the actual speaker being measured and tested. Do you already have the drivers? The enclosure?
The schematic for the crossover the OP wants to build is available at the Diysoundgroup forum. No need to measure the drivers, already done by bwaslo :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.