AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, there seems to be a pattern developing at NBC: go to the trouble and expense of producing a program in HD, and then not tell a soul about it. It started with the stealth ER HD debut, and continues with specials like the Faith Hill concert and the Muppet movie. What can they be thinking? Why isn't this publicized or at least mentioned somewhere? And who can we contact to get this information before the freaking program airs?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,616 Posts
Working on it as we speak.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I agree wholeheartedly with this complaint. I had no idea this was on, & just accidently caught the tail-end of it. What a waste.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I agree too I run a local HDTV web site where we post a schedule of local HD programming. It is hard to have a accurate schedule when you can not get accurate information.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
Working on it as we speak.
I expect you'll eventually get the info we're looking for, Ken. I just can't believe that we have to beg for it.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HiDefSooner
I agree too I run a local HDTV web site where we post a schedule of local HD programming. It is hard to have a accurate schedule when you can not get accurate information.
With titantv still unreliable and the NBC website not listing any HD info I am unable to post an accurate schedule to my local website.

Ken, we are counting on you!

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
NBC provides a site called NBC Media Village, for journalists. Unfortunately, they rarely mention HDTV.

Ask your local affiliate to talk to their Affiliate Relations Representative at NBC. I want to ask ours why they couldn't also include an "HDTV" bug in their on-air promos.....one second of on-screen time could equal a lot of extra (HDTV) viewers!

·
Registered
577 Posts
After clicking through the nbc.com website 10 times, including the feedback link,

looking to complain about lack HDTV info, I found almost nothing except may be this:

Viewer Relations

30 Rockefeller Plaza

New York, NY 10112

There's plenty of HD programming, but they want to hide it, why?

·
Registered
690 Posts
My guess why NBC keeps mum. They are still practicing with HDTV. Much of their system still isn't built out. When I checked on ER a couple months back a local NBC engineer said they only have one line to receive HD from NY. If a station misses a feed they are SOL.

So if they were to announce it and stations didn't carry...lotsa of pissed off people. And still some technical problems, as mentioned in the Faith thread. Once these are ironed out maybe they'll start to talk about it.

Overall it is still a policy of most nets to keep their HD broadcasts "under the radar". Don't know why...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.