AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw the movie and being a kid that played all of the RE games, I was quite surprised to see how well they did this movie. I can't wait for this movie to come out! BTW, Milla is incredibly good looking.:D

Am I the only one that thinks this movie was good? (probably)

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
no I liked it. Supposedly its coming out end of July ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
I also enjoyed the movie and will probably get it. I still think I liked Milla's performance in 'The Messenger' best. Just so over the top, insanely intense. I don't remember anything else quite like it.

Duane

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So hot, what to touch the hinney! :D

Any word yet on RE 2: Nemesis? (well that is what the 2nd game was called). I hope they cast Millia again! :D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Hob,

Have you seen 'From Hell'? The recent Johnny Depp movie about Jack the Ripper? I thought 'The Ninth Gate' was interesting and 'From Hell' was sort of similar. What I really liked was the atmosphere of the movie. It felt like a 'real' lower class London neighborhood of the late 1800's. Although somewhat more gory than 'Ninth Gate'.

Duane

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
From Hell was good but riddle me this batman. WHy is Heather Grahm the only hooker that is attractive the other ones are all pardon my french skanks + and they are always getting action while she gets none.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hank,

It is because the filmmakers are CHEATING US!!

(and remember that the Hughes Bros. also gave us American Pimp)

I guess they should have hired Kid Rock to cast the prostitutes.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I never played the game RE but I wasn't overly impressed with the movie. Too many consistency errors and poor acting/dialoge. This is from the same director that did Even Horizon so I don't really think he's mastered the skill of tying up a movie at the end. From Hell was a pretty good flick. Ian Holm was great as well as Depp.

·
Registered
16,934 Posts
-- as a Hardcore Gamer and Film freak I can say that this movie was nothing compared to the games . I jumped more from playing one of the games during a scary scene than the entire movie . The special effects are decent but all-in-all I was disappointed . Even though Blade II was weak it was much more entertaining to me . I have seen a DVD screener of this film and the PQ is not that great , let's hope they do it right for the consumer release at the end of July [ great SQ however ! ] .

-- lax01 , actually RE2 was just RE2 and Nemesis is RE3 .

--- Best Wishes ,

--- Jason Berg

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I knew one of them was Nemesis, I guess it was 3. I actually saw the screener in a VCD rip and it was pretty good for a VCD, but that is saying nothing for DVD quality. I must agree that the games were a bit more scary but I just thought that the movie was going to be terrible and was surprised that it ended up being half-decent. I still can't wait for July! :)

·
Registered
865 Posts
On the whole, Resident Evil could have been scarier. I did think the scene where the survivors had to pass through the laser 'slice-n-dice' room after the first group was killed achieved a nice high scare factor.

Duane

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.