AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The only good thing about the master and commander delay announcement is the fact that they also announced they are releasing Patton, The Longest day and the Sand Pebbles (Although more of a pre WWI timeline).

Just give me 55 day at Peking as well and I am set for life

Jorge

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
I haven't seen any of those titles but will rent them if Netflix stocks them. I'll give anything a shot in Blu!

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am certaintly looking forward to replacing my Non Anamorphic copy of the Longest Day.

Jorge

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
me! but i'll also believe it only when they are in my hands...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Where Eagles Dare

·
Registered
572 Posts
Patton is simply one of the finest films I have ever watched. If it really does come out, they better not screw up the transfer.

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
Midway was pretty good too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I will be grabbing the whole lot of them. Now if we could get The Great Escape and Where Eagles Dare (I don't care which format being neutral). The Dirty Dozen which I just picked up at CC during their sale last week in HD Dvd looked quite nice btw.

Gary

·
Registered
447 Posts
Man, I thought this was about WWII films that go back a little further...

Today I picked up "Dive Bomber" on SD. Almost picked up "Thunder Birds" for $9.99

http://www.liunet.edu/cwis/CWP/library/sc/ww2cat.htm

Otherwise I don't really know if there's a WWII movie I'd like (I have already double dipped on "Battle of the Bulge". I'd have to triple dip if I want it in HDM.) Maybe "Saving Pvt. Ryan" for recent releases. "Tora Tora Tora"? "Midway"? Definitely "The Glenn Miller Story".

Requests? "A Ticklish Affair." But that isn't WWII... And it sure isn't serious. Okay, Five Fingers," http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044314/

·
Registered
338 Posts
Patton FTW!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'll get them all, but I sure would have preferred to see In Harm's Way (and maybe Operation Petticoat for a comedy WW2 movie) added to that list.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have been waiting to see Patton standing infront of me with that huge American flag in the background, in 1080P, on my 61" TV for a year now. I'm so happy, it's one of my favorite movies.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Like to see what they could do with Sam Peckinpah's 'Cross of Iron'. Have it on DVD and its little better than VHS.

They did wonders with his earlier 'The Wild Bunch'.

But in the meantime Patton, Battle of Britain and A Bridge too Far will do.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts