4,835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keebler87 /forum/post/14297325

Who do you think? Try to hold back your inner fanboy and answer truthfully

Not Nintendo, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
I voted Microsoft. They set the bar high, Nintendo dropped it low, and Sony was in the middle.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Seems reasonably cut and dry this year, if you ask me. Microsoft had the benefit of going first, and their FFXIII bombshell deflated much of the momentum Sony could build. Nintendo definitely had the most underwhelming showing, leaving Sony in second place by default, even though I don't think their presentation exactly lit the world on fire either.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Concur w/ the MS votes. Their presentation + $299 360s ALMOST make me want to grab one....

ALMOST...

Really, I could--and in some cases, already do-- essentially all I could w/ a 360 on my PC. Still some cool stuff. MS is obvisouly in it to win it (vs PS3 anyway).

Agree that Nintendo's was the "weakest", but still cool. Furthering their penetration into the mass market seems to be the mission. Smart, actually. If you were a giant corporation, which market would you want to lure - the gamer market or everyone else (everyone else being an exponentially larger group)? But with DEAD RISING coming to Wii & GTA for the DS (WTF?!?!), Nintendo has not TOTALLY forgotten those "core" types.

And hopefully Basher got some solace in the news that the ZELDA team is currently hard @ work on something.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
In terms of "furthering their penetration into the mass market" (hehe), I think Nintendo did a terrible job. Wii Sports 2 + a peripheral that not even hardcore gamers totally understand will not impress grandma who is probably content with Wii Sports 1 anyway. Wii Music, the most janky looking music game ever, not impressive.

Wii Fit? Brilliant way to "further their penetration". Soccer moms, etc.

Wii Wheel with Mario Kart? Same, people intuitively understand driving a car and the Wii Wheel, even if sort of crappy and lame, is a good metaphor.

Wii Music? Not so much.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Nintendo's plain sucked.

·
Banned
1,996 Posts
I'm a Nintendo fan and I'd say Microsoft was the best. Sony was the worst, they didn't have anything that great and they spent a lot of time on the PS2, that shows you how much of a failure the POS3 is.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
MS by far.

For the first time since I've owned it, I'm actually considering selling my Wii... There just isn't anything out there that makes me want to keep it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts