AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a cabinet for a customer that has a pdp6010 on order but no one has the dimensions of the rear panel. Not pioneer, not the store. So what I need (if you have one) is the dimensions from the bottom of the tv (not stand) to the top of the hook up panel, and the width, and dimensions from the ends. This is so I can make a cut out for the customer to easily access the hookups as needed. Thanks in advance. Ralph

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i made a mistake in not asking for the dimensions from the bottom to the top of the speaker ( or where the panel starts) and then also the top of the panel. Sorry.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph1950 /forum/post/12910684

Thanks, but no detail on the back panel as requested.

Go to a BB or some other store that has one on display and measure it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom_D /forum/post/12912832

Go to a BB or some other store that has one on display and measure it.

Thanks. Our local BB does not have one on display. They said they do, but there was not one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonreno /forum/post/12913756

I think this has what you want on it. From the Pioneer site.

pioneerelectronics.com/pio/pe/images/portal/cit_3424/479639673PDP-6010FD.pdf

Copy and paste, I can't post a URL yet. add www. to the front

I have the front dimensions. I need the back panel. Thanks anyway.

I need to make it easy for the installers to hook up the cables from the back. I know the Elite pio because that is usually what the company that I am doing this for sells. The 6010 is not what they usually carry & it is not in stock right now. I may have to wait & finish up the day it is to be installed. At the cost of the installation hourly wage, I hate to make the customer pay more for them to sit & wait on me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The 6010 also has connectors on the left side near the top for additional inputs, USB, media net, etc if you care.

Page 11 of the op manual illustrates where the connections are, the 5010 and 6010 use the same rear connector panel, both in the center. Perhaps you can look at a 5010?

Its about 7 inches from the panel edge to the top of the connector panel +/- 0.5, a little over 1 inch from the edge to the bottom of the panel. Its centered on the back and is about 18 inches wide.

The speaker adds 3 3/8 to the bottom. The stand adds another 3 inches. Is that close enough or do you need more precision?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks a bunch.......

·
Registered
313 Posts
I finally got some measurements from my 6010.

First of all, the diagram Roman posted in post #4 gives all the detailed "outer form" dimensions you'll want, including speaker and stand dimensions, etc.

Here's where you can download the 6010 Owner's Manual:
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...6010FD.Support

Pg. 14 - 15 show the layout of the various areas you're interested in.

OK - I do NOT have the speaker installed, so you'll need to adjust for that if need be. My measurements were made from behind the TV (facing toward the front). Some of these may be overkill ....

The "main connector panel" is centered right & left - 13.25" in from the R and L frame edge. The "panel" is 31.5" wide and 6.375" tall (measured from the frame bottom).

The "side inputs" are on the right side of the frame (again looking from the back of the TV); these are the inputs mentioned by ColdCase in the previous post and are shown on pg. 14 of the Owner's Manual. These start 9.5" from the frame bottom and extend 8" high from there.

The "Master Power" switch is also located on the lower right edge of the frame (looking from the back of the TV); see pg. 14 of the Manual. The switch is 2" H and 1.75" W, measured from the front lower right corner of the frame.

The "control panel" (volume, channel, inputs, standby ...) is on the left side of the frame (looking from the back of the TV). This starts 10.5" from the frame bottom and extends 5.875" high from there.

Hope this helps!

Steve

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts