AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering who here has purchased a Samsung HLM507 and received a set with the newer internals? And, how long ago did you buy it?

How about someone who purchased an HLM507 recently and has the old internals?

I'm trying to decide how big of a gamble it would be to get one from a store that only lists HLM507's in their computers, and is not showing anything yet under HLN507. They have pretty good inventory turnover, and get new stock all of the time, so I'm speculating that they would most likely be selling sets with the new guts, or maybe even HLN507's under the old model number.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mike_pro,

I think you may be able to save yourself a lot of bother about internals by waiting for an HLN507. I see that some reputable internet dealers already have the HLN5065 in stock and the price is the same as the HLM507.

I expect that the bricks & mortar stores will not be far behind as their HLM inventory is depleted.

Noel

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I suspect you are right. What I really want is the HLN617W, which they don't list yet either. But the do have the HLM507, so in my infinite impatience I was thinking of getting that instead of the 61" and hoping for new internals. I suppose I need to work on my patience.

It's hard to tell, but I think a couple of people here have gotten HLM507's with the new internals.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bunder- Do you also have the FLI2300 chip, or is it the 2200? Do you know your firmware revision/date?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mike_pro,

Sorry, I have not bought my Sammy yet; my viewing distance is about 14 feet and I determined (early on) that I needed at least 60" for viewer impact.

The HLM617's never did appear in quantity at dealers; as a result I'm waiting for the HLN617's to ship.

Noel

·
Registered
128 Posts
bunder,

Here's how to get to the service nenu.
Quote:
Originally posted by Slartibartfast1
I think you can move it any direction from the service menu. To get to the menu, turn the set off for at least 15 seconds. Then hit Mute-1-8-2-power. Turn it off to save the settings.
Noel

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, I've found that it works better to turn the TV off, wait until you hear the tone, and then do the mute, 1, 8, 2, power combo. If I wait too long after it powers down it doesn't seem to go into the service menu.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm in.

My service menu has options for both the DNIe and FLI2300.

The release date is December 10th.

The firmware revision might be 204. There is a code of T-B3K5001-204 near the bottom of the screen.

·
Coyote Waits
27,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by mike_pro
Actually, I've found that it works better to turn the TV off, wait until you hear the tone, and then do the mute, 1, 8, 2, power combo.
In another thread this morning someone said that if you turn off the "tone" in the user menus it makes going into the SM easier. I don't have a set so I can't verify it.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by htwaits
In another thread this morning someone said that if you turn off the "tone" in the user menus it makes going into the SM easier. I don't have a set so I can't verify it.
That's what I do. With the tone off, I have the TV on & set to whatever input I want to adjust. I then hit power-mute-1-8-2-power as quickly as possible to go into the SM without using up a lamp cycle.

Jeff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.