AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
968 Posts
no problems. Only 25 hours (the downside of putting it above a detached garage).

The room is fantastic (i'll post pics soon) but having a detached room does make it more inconvenient, especially with kids.

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbrand /forum/post/0

True, but you can get a feeling for which products have the most problems from these forum posts, and it sure seems like the AX100 is leading in the problem posts lately. To be honest, it's making me back off and consider other projectors.

whoa nelly... only positive vibrations here please

· Registered
13 Posts
No problems here, but only 10 hours.

keep in mind, you normally dont here from people who dont have problems, and from what i can tell the AX100 is a popular model, so even if there is only a small percentage of problem pjs, it could seem like a bigger percentage that it really is.

But i dont know the numbers, im just talking outta my butt.

· Registered
173 Posts
No problems, only pleasure, with almost 100 hours. Oct. 06 build with 1.06 firmware. Never bothered trying eco-lamp mode. Hooked up a PC to the PJ via VGA first time this weekend. In Position menu, hit Auto Setup, and the screen is perfect 1:1. Played Trackmania Sunrise, and OMG!!!

· Registered
1,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bqmeister /forum/post/0

no problems. Only 25 hours (the downside of putting it above a detached garage).

The room is fantastic (i'll post pics soon) but having a detached room does make it more inconvenient, especially with kids.

Yea, but doesn't it make it better when you can go in there and crank up your movies to reference level,and it not shake down the whole house?

· Registered
968 Posts
Absolutely. It's worth the trade off.

I'm in the room right now as a matter of fact getting caught up on Season 5 of 24. Wife and kids are sleeping and I'm not hearing any complaints to 'turn it down'.

· Registered
236 Posts
Absolutely the best 2 grand I've ever spent!!

I read everything I could find about the Panny and the reported problems certainly made me hesitant. But I pulled the trigger anyway and couldn't be happier. And I'm currently watching on a darkened wall with a "screen" painted with Kilz.

I have much room for improvement over what is already a fantastic picture.

100 hrs and lovin' it!

· Registered
36 Posts
It's very easy when contemplating an electronics purchase to suffer from analysis paralysis.

Most products suffer some problems after their debut, and those problems cause people to hold off on an intended purchase. But the time we get over our hesitation, there seems to be the next generation of product just over the horizon.

We gleefully wait for that newer product, only to see it suffer its own problems as well.

We need to realize that the squeeky wheel gets not only the grease, but the squeeky wheel also gets most of the posts on these threads.

It's just the way it is. We purchase something, it works well, we're happy in la-la land. We're not online seeking resolution to our projector's non-existant problems, we're in a dark room watching home theater.

We purchase something, it doesn't meet our expectations, we look for resolution. We go online, seek out forums for advice, tech reps for resolution, etc.

I've been wanting a projector for years. Started looking during the AE700 days. Was still working on the house, so I held off. The 900 was the promised land, until the AE100 was on the horizon. While I dickered over the problems that I read about with the AE100, I started thinking of holding out for a 1080 projector.

Finally dropped the bomb and bought the AE100.

Couldn't be happier. Great pic, does everything well, from SD to HD.

I'm happy, My wife is happy. My kids and their friends are thrilled.

I do have a very slight convergence problem, but it's only visible on the calibration disc and even then I have to get close enough to touch the screen with my nose. Normal viewing distances? It's fabulous.

I bought through Video Apex and purchased a 4-yr extended warranty...just in case.

Best, Mongo

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.