AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of distance are you pulling in. I need to pickup Toledo which is 60 miles south of Detroit. Do I need the 7777 titan or will the cheaper 30 dollar one made for the stealth be sufficient.

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
Del,

I am using a Stealth with the internal amp. I am in your area. What station in Toledo are you trying to receive. I don't know if I can help you if its VHF. One of the wings on my VHF section was bent strait down during a wind storm in the spring and I have not tested the VHF reception. I only use the antenna for HDTV/DTV.

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,621 Posts
I don't know that anything but a large (10'+), directional VHF/UHF yagi, mounted outdoors, at a 20'+ height, with rotor, will get good Toledo reception from the Detroit area.

As far as preamps go, if you plan on getting both markets with the same antenna, you can't go with too much gain, or you'll overload your DTV tuner with the Detroit stations. Too little gain, and the analog Toledo stations won't come in strong enough. I'm on the west side of the metro area and use a Winegard AP-8700 (gain 17db VHF 19db UHF) which works well.

Toledo analog stations are 11 CBS, 13 ABC, 24 NBC, 36 FOX , 30 PBS. No Toledo DTV stations are on the air yet. From Detroit, I aim at ~175 bearing and get all of them reasonably well.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

[This message has been edited by Ken H (edited 08-28-2001).]

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am trying to get the channel 11 the analog CBS and future digital. I do have a rotor on the way. I am a dish sub and trying to watch Cleveland Browns this fall with out hooking up my old DTV. I live near 75 and nine mile and right now they come in fuzzy not even pointing toward the south.

Ken, I am getting a 96 for CBS now without the amp. I think if I do not point directly west at the towers with a rotor. I should be able to find a good spot where I do not get overload?

Thanks,

Del

·
Premium Member
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, M&K S-125, S-80, MX-90, Windows Media Center 4K HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,621 Posts
One of the main things to remember with DTV reception, is that each location will probably require a different solution. You must try before knowing for sure if something will work.

Good Luck.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.