AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All was working great before the DX9b & Windows Media Player 9 update but now I cannot playback SVCD [ mpeg 2 ] or DivX streams in Zoomplayer [ using Sonic Cineplayer 1.5 decoder pack ] .

-- I have tried the mpeg2 codec addition but still nothing and the closest it got to actually playing svcd was a blocky mess [ audio plays fine however ] .

-- Tried the Nimo codec packs as well ... no luck :( .

-- Now I know PowerDVD XP will playback svcd/DivX fine but I am hoping that somebody has an easy fix for this so that I can once again use ZoomPlayer with Sonic 1.5 for SVCD/DivX playback .

-- I am using VMR9 and not the Overlay , could this be the issue due to DX9b ?

-- If this is some B.S. from M$ [ DRM ] to prevent svcd playback then I certainly think the control they imply MUST be stopped . This sounds like the current Xbox LIVE update that is actually ' Illegal ' .

--- Any and all help/comments appreciated ... Thank You !

---- Jason

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Let ffdshow handle the divx stuff. In the codec tab just set the divx3/4/5 lines to the libxxxxxx option. SVCD can be a real hassle through zoomplayer. Sonic can sometimes decode it but often you get no timeline info and can't scan through the file or even use ff/rw. Personally, I'm tired of messing with the clumsy filter controls in Zoom that don't even work - i.e you Enable custom filter settings, set mpeg2 video decoder to use a certain decoder and it just ignores you still and uses Sonic/NVDVD for svcd/mpg2 files. Luckily, Powerdvd always seems to be able to handle svcd files.

·
Registered
16,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well DivX is a much easier feature to tackle than that of SVCD playback and I had 100% perfect playback of both until the latest M$ updates :( .

-- I tried the custom svcd filter settings in Zooomplayer but it does not use the decoder that I tell it to use [ as Jesse stated above ] .

-- I just loved being able to use Zoomplayer and ffdshow with all my svcd/divx files , ffdshow filters can do wonders on those files to clean them up ;) .

---- There has to be a way to either solve this or get around it somehow ... I am very PC literate and this one is just driving me BONKERS !!!

----- Thanks ,

----- Jason

·
Registered
16,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just discovered the ACE Mega Codecs Pack and it does wonders ;) .

-- I can now play any type of media file in Zoomplayer again [ I had to re-register ffdshow but that was about it ] !!! :) :) :)

--- Jason

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.