AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my set on Friday and noticed that the model number was a 50V500A? I am wondering how many people have gotten this newer model and what the "A" designates. I have an email submitted to the customer service dept. at Hit. I hope to hear something from them soon concerning the A model.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Where did you see the 50V500A designation? All of the labels on my set just say 50V500. Where was yours assembled? Mine says [shudder]Tijuana, Mexico[/shudder]. Don't get me wrong, Tijuana's a fun place to visit... I'm just not so sure it's known for its quality control standards. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The box for my set and the label on the back of the set listed my model number as 50V500A. Also on the cover of the owner's manual listed the 50V500, 50V500A, and 60V500. My set was assembled in Mexico in September of 2003. So it is fresh off the assemly line.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the response I got from Hitachi Customer Service concerning the A designation.

Dear Hitachi Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There are no differences between the two models. The letters are just to

indicate when the TV was manufactured.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Tera

Hitachi Consumer Electronics

·
Registered
210 Posts
LMAO!!! Okay, I'm crying now. That is the biggest load of BS yet. So they are going to reprint their manuals every couple of weeks ($$$) to keep track of when the unit was made. I'm sure that information wouldn't be tied to the serial number at all

Stop Hitachi, you're killin me. :D :D :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tremelle
Here is the response I got from Hitachi Customer Service concerning the A designation.

Dear Hitachi Customer,

Thank you for your inquiry.

There are no differences between the two models. The letters are just to

indicate when the TV was manufactured.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Tera

My 50V500 is made in Mexico and your 50V500A set is also made in Mexico, they got a lot of explaining to do! :eek:

·
Registered
538 Posts
There has to be a bigger difference than that. I wonder if the sets have been revised to fix the black corner spots (foam pieces attached better?)?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I emailed Hitachi again today with the same question concerning the "A" designation on my set. This is the new answer I received:

Thank you for visiting the Hitachi website and for your inquiry.

The "A" on the end of the model number is used to alert servicers to

different manufacturing cycles. The model 50V500 is the same as the model

50V500A. I hope this information is helpful.

Please write back if I can assist you further.

Jason

·
Registered
54 Posts
If I recall, the 50V500 and 50V500A even have different part numbers for the replacement bulbs. Can't imagine why that would be if the sets are the same.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.