AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the people with the Infinity Modulus do you feel this is a good system for the price?

Are you happy with it? This would be for a bedroom so I really dont have the room for something real big.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well I don't know about those two sets specifically, but we have the Infinity TSS-750 and Polk RM6800 displayed in a way that you can easily demo the same material between the two and the Infinity wins out in most customers' opinions. This would lead me to believe that the Infinity Modulus setup is better than the RM6900.

I'm actually considering the ModulusII because my wife is really wanting to switch out our tower speakers for satellites. I'm not too thrilled about the idea but if I have to get satellites I want to get something good (well, good for satellites anyway).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, ZBW, the Modulus system is an excellent system. It sounds very clean and balanced. Not as "shrill" as the TSS750 which I also like.

This system outclasses the 6900 and is more comparable to the Polk 7200/7300 series.

It has a large subwoofer which can be set w/ Infinity's RABOS setup. Make sure you have a location for it.

I sell both Polk and Infinity, so I am either completely biased or very qualified to answer this.

Good Luck.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would It be comparable to the Infinity TSS1100? Since the Modulus is more expensive and its the same brand would that mean its better?

·
Registered
497 Posts
I believe it's very comparable tot he TSS1100.

I still prefer the smoother CMMD drivers of the Modulus speakers and the subwoofer of the Modulus system.

Part of the price difference is the styling of the Modulus setup.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have Infinity Modulus for past 3 years. They are awesome. I just upgraded to floor-standing speakers, but listen to infinity in my bedroom. I would definitely recommend these.

-Srinath

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
I've only heard them in the showroom, set up in a 14X12 room, but I was very impressed with them. I listened to them twice, once with the Panny XR45 and once with and HK AVR8000.

I believe the sub that they offer with that system is one of the better ones I've heard in a sub/sat set up.

Very detailed and quite dynamic and certainly filled a room that size with effortless ease.

They are a very good system, as to value I think that depends on what they are going for. They were going for about $2500 CDN when I heard them and at the time I felt you could piece together a better system for that price.

·
Banned
295 Posts
Ya I dont think I would pay full price for it but I can get it for $600 u.s.d. and I already have a hk avr635 so I just dont think I can do any better for the price.

Its a system for my bedroom so size is an issue.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Very worth it at $600.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.