AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be a stupid question, but nobody seems to have an answer when I search. Who has the rights to the Super Bowl this year? which network? If it hasn't yet been bid on when will it happen? Thanks for your answer!

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I am wondering if the cable and satellite companies who don't carry Fox now will still be able to put this on their special events HD channel. Similar to the baseball game the other night.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
At NFL.com, in the TV-radio section, you could have found this:

"...The 2004 NFL on FOX season, one that will culminate with the live presentation of SUPER BOWL XXXIX, boasts an unprecedented presentation of high definition programming. Beginning Sept. 12, the network will present up to six games in 720p high definition every week during the regular season. No other network has ever produced as many as six NFL games in HD on the same day...."

And a " Super Bowl TV" google search turned up the same information as well as facts on the current TV contracts and the TV rotation of Super Bowls.

·
Premium Member
48,895 Posts
Gary J:

I would bet Fox uses Super Bowl XXXIX as a powerful marketing hammer, just like CBS did this year.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by fredfa
Gary J:

I would bet Fox uses Super Bowl XXXIX as a powerful marketing hammer, just like CBS did this year.
Unfortunately, some of us live in areas where the O&O for the Fox outlet insist the local cableco pay extra for their HD feed. So, we have a stalemate. :mad:

YMMV

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MrMike6by9
Unfortunately, some of us live in areas where the O&O for the Fox outlet insist the local cableco pay extra for their HD feed. So, we have a stalemate. :mad:

YMMV
Install OTA antenna.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
With that many posts one would think one would know by now some of us can not get OTA. Especially Fox.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CKNA
Install OTA antenna.
Depending on location, that often isn't possible. I have a free-standing house, but hills prevent easy reception of most OTA channels even within the city limits.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary J
I am wondering if the cable and satellite companies who don't carry Fox now will still be able to put this on their special events HD channel. Similar to the baseball game the other night.
It's a possibility. Only time will tell.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jdspencer
Just think, the 2006 Superbowl will be Superbowl XL. Now that's really weird. :)
Weird? No.

This would be weird: Ford sponsors it, and it will be called the Superbowl Galaxie 500-XL.....

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Quote:
I wouldn't bet on it.

·
Registered
17,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by miniz
This may be a stupid question, but nobody seems to have an answer when I search. Who has the rights to the Super Bowl this year? which network? If it hasn't yet been bid on when will it happen? Thanks for your answer!
There's no bidding. It changes on a rotating basis.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Quote:
The bigger question of me is will E add a FOX super station by then. I live in the FOX white area for both digital and analog.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.