·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMDB
Next US TV Airings: TV Schedule
Creator: Sacha Baron Cohen
TV-MA | Comedy
'Sasha Baron Cohen offers his unique perspective of America. Exploring the diverse individuals,
from the infamous to the unknown, across the political and cultural spectrum who populate our nation.'
Official Clip ft. Jason Spencer | Ep.2 | Who Is America? | SHOWTIME

Kinder Guardians | Who Is America? | Sacha Baron Cohen SHOWTIME Series

Official Clip ft. Roy Moore | Ep.3 | Who Is America? | SHOWTIME

'Unboxing w/ Joe Arpaio' Ep. 4 Official Clip | Who Is America? | SHOWTIME

Rap Battle | Ep.3 | Who Is America? | SHOWTIME

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Before the show since they have no idea of what's truly going on.
that's why before the show premiered a few weeks back a lot of the people that got duped started complaining to the media how they were tricked etc...sorry but Cohen didn't force anyone to say or do anything...they're just embarrassed after the fact

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's why before the show premiered a few weeks back a lot of the people that got duped started complaining to the media how they were tricked etc...sorry but Cohen didn't force anyone to say or do anything...they're just embarrassed after the fact

Plus you have a multibillion-dollar network that can pay off people and have so many lawyers so, HA:D

·
Registered
26,870 Posts
Plus you have a multibillion-dollar network that can pay off people and have so many lawyers so, HA:D
They don't pay anyone off. They don't need to. These are public figures that voluntarily make themselves look like fools with their own words & actions and sign waivers. Even if they wanted to sue and were willing to endure the humiliation that would come of their foolishness getting much wider exposure, they wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
his interview with Dick Cheney in Episode 2 was great...asking Cheney to sign his waterboard lol...and when Cheney referred to torture as 'enhanced interrogation' the Cohen character referred to murder (or maybe something else I forget now) as 'enhanced tickling'...

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
on last night's episode Sacha Baron Cohen's character gave GOP Senate candidate Roy Moore a 'pedophile detector' test...Moore released a statement regarding the interview earlier this month, threatening to take legal action should the segment be aired...Cohen's antics have already brought down another controversial politician...Georgia state lawmaker Jason Spencer resigned from office following his appearance on Who Is America? during which, among other things, he dropped his pants and screamed the n-word multiple times...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I've seen some of the real funny bits on the news, including the recent Roy Moore encounter. Either Cohen is the greatest master of disguise and actor in the history of modern entertainment or these politicians are the most ignorant people ever to hold elected office.

How much am I missing by not watching the entire episode? I know sometimes these gags get run into the ground at a certain point. I'm doing my annual "catch-up sub" to HBO Now this month, so I might sign up for a month of Showtime through Amazon Channels next month.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
I've seen some of the real funny bits on the news, including the recent Roy Moore encounter. Either Cohen is the greatest master of disguise and actor in the history of modern entertainment or these politicians are the most ignorant people ever to hold elected office.
I'm thinking the latter. Remember Stephen Colbert's interviews with house members when he was doing the Colbert Report?

·
Premium Member
35,094 Posts
I'm thinking the latter. Remember Stephen Colbert's interviews with house members when he was doing the Colbert Report?
Oh, easily the latter. Just watch any cable news channel for a day and see the politicians they interview or have as guests and you'll never question whether or not there are people out there as ignorant as the ones we've seen so far on this show, in fact, there are worse.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
the Jason Spencer bit from Episode 2 was shocking because of the level of stupidity displayed by him...how on Earth did he think that pulling his pants down and engaging in racial stereotypes was going to go over well?...he can't be that stupid...even if he thought it was for a comedy sketch he must have known that he was taking it too far

1 - 20 of 69 Posts