AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I'm thinking about attending myself. It's about a 4 hour drive for me, but it may be what it takes to get me off the fence about this format once and for all. It's June 8th, right? Is it open to the public where anyone off the street is welcome, or must reservations be made like last time?

Ken

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken,

It is two days( June 8 and 9) and it appears that it is reservation oriented. Their June issue says "25 people per session" although I didn't see how many sessions there will be. It looks like two days so that may be it. I'd love to see it but it would be a real hike for me:D. I was hoping I could get the kinds of info that is common to this forum on what it is like relative to OTA of sat HD.

Art

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be there. I received my reservation info for the Saturday 2:00-5:00 session.

Should be cool. I'll be happy to post my observations.

-john

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I just finished reading the article in WSR. While reservations are not required, they are encouraged due to the limited seating in the theater room. A reservation will get you priority admittance over other attendees.

Ken

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
DAMN,

Everything good is far away from Philadelphia/NY.

CES, this, and just about everything is across the country. I wish I could be there.

By the way! Gary installed a D-BOX Odessey 3-D motion system in the reference theater.... Damn, I really wan't to come. Ball and Chain to residency anyway.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I just went to the WSR web site to register for the event and saw this:

Due to an overwhelming response, we have decided to feature more D-Theaterâ„¢ Movie Festivals. If the session you wish to attend is closed you can submit your request to be placed on a list for future Movie Festivals. Dates to be announced.

All three session for both days are full (I was too late). My info was recorded and placed on a waiting list should there be any cancelations. I'm assuming the above quote means that I will be notified of the date for any future D-Theaterâ„¢ Movie Festivals.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.