Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You should call and find out!

www.**************.com Hughes HD receiver and dish 629.99 http://www.videoonly.com/ Toshiba unit 449.00

OR Change your phone number and have your wife subscribe.

------------------

Meredith (KPHO) SUCKs! Phoenix CBS station with no HD just SD.

[This message has been edited by taron1 (edited 09-16-2001).]

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
It has now been a little over a year since I have had a Direct TV subscription. Does that qualify me for "new subscriber" eligibility for the Block Buster deal?

Bob

------------------

~ The Potentate of Penuriousness ~

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Bob, I was turned down today as being a former subscriber. There was a flag on my name. I then tried using my wife's name and phone number (both different rom mine) but the BB guy got the same lady on the phone who remembered my address.

I tried to buy a system from Radio Shack at retail but they turned me down saying they would not get their kick back as I was not a new subscriber.

I called Direct Tv to find out how long one must wait to be eleigible and it turns out that I will never be a new subsrciber--NEVER in a million lifetimes. I was told that I could buy the equipment from whomever and there would be no problem getting activated for programming (the minimum Direct Tv Limited package.)

She did say that the flag was on my telephone number, not my address. So I will return to BB tomorrow or the next day and try again with my wife's info. I will get that fourth dish on my roof somehow, but would rather not pay all the extra $$$.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.