AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please note I left out a large number of them so feel free to post. By Movie a mean Theatrical release not made for TV

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Fun poll idea, but...

Hawkgirl? Blech! Have you ever seen that SNL skit on the Superfriends... Aquaman?

On your list I really only see Captain America with a compelling, movie-length story. There already is a Cap. story with the Red Skull that came out in the 80s. There's also a FF movie. Neither had a wide release.

The Fantasic Four should be on your list. I see that as a fun movie. They could even make it a bit campy (like lost in space) since the characters play into that. Heck, have Herbie the Robot in it.

Lobo would make a great movie (ala The Crow). Lots of bastiches to frag.

Ghost Rider, if it was done right would be really cool.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Not my favorite superhero, but wouldn't a Wonder Woman movie have great potential if Monica Bellucci were cast in the lead role?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I keep reading that FF is coming to the big screen.

Until 1 or 2 more comic movies die hard at the box office I would think that if a character is halfway popular it would be up for a movie.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Particle man, particle man... does everything that a particle can...

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
I also loved the Green Hornet it brought Bruce Lee and all the martial arts movies of which I am a very big fan of.

The "Archie" comic was my favorite as a kid, manif it were't for some luck he would have sniped dozens of times. I loved the group called "The Archies" who sang Sugar Sugar etc.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Was Banana Man a superhero? I thought he was the sidekick for Bozo the Clown.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Plastic Man - He doesn't get the love he deserves that's for sure.

Captain Marvel - Superman before there was Superman.

And of course...Bluntman and Chronic. I guess it could be argued that they've had a movie made about them though.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Captain America has already been made into a movie... and it sucked! It's definately got potential for a remake though. (Just about anything would be an improvement.)

Captain Marvel made it to the silver screen a looonng time ago in serial form. It might make a good retro tie-in to "Sky Captain and the World of Tommorow" if it doesn't bomb. (It has B&W, so don't hold your breath. What is it with all the people out there who can't stand to see anything without color?)

The Flash had a pretty decent TV series that got axed after one season. I wouldn't mind seeing a big-screen version.

In the "It's inevitable, but not that exciting to me personally" is "The Justice League". They'll make it onto the big screen sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Justice League

But... it must be made in the more adult relationship arena. Similar to the new cartoon. I love that Batman is obviously psycotic but also the smartest one by far. Underestimating him is a mistake, or as the Joker was saying to Lex Luthor, "Just kill him, you don't know how dangerous he is!!!"

Chris.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
The Avengers. They did'nt have quite the likeability of the X-Men, but likeable nontheless. The Beast came over to them from the original X-Men. The list goes on and on. The next biggest impact would probably come from the Fantastic Four, though. And if they're all thoughtfully done, Marvel Ent. is gonna make a ton of cash from their character movies.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by yubyub
Particle man, particle man... does everything that a particle can...
Triangle Man hates Particle Man, they have a fight- Triangle wins!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I've always thought that if done faithfully to the comic, Allan Moore's Miracleman would be a dream come true!

Howie

For those of you who mentioned The Fantastic Four, Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and Ghost Rider, these films are all in the works!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think there is another film version of the Punisher being worked on too... The last one... you guessed it... sucked in a punishingly bad way! (unless you're a Dolph Lundgren fan)

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i would love to see Wonder Woman and Superman as they are in Kingdom Come.

older, resigned. just the dynamic of older versions of those two characters could make a fascinating film.

i also like the idea of Bellucci as WW.

i think any character could be potentially interesting if thought is put into the material.

by the same token, you can easily F#@! up a great character.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.