AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of the biggest problem with in walls and in ceiling speakers are that there are hardly any reviews. Secondly they are really hard to try out. What are some of the best brands out there that are decently affordable around $300 - $400 a pair? Looking for some for my rear surrounds. I seen some deals on accessories for less. Canton caught my eye with the ceramic tweeters. Maybe kef as I have always been a fan of their bookshelves and towers. Rsl c34e caught my eye, but their frequently response seems a bit weak on bass response. I am looking for ones that are good bass response and with good sound quality. Which ones to get that won't disappoint me?

·
Registered
277 Posts
"Full range" might be asking a lot. How about Paradigm? I'm using Elite 80R's in my ceiling and Audyssey says they are full range (they aren't).

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
"Full range" might be asking a lot. How about Paradigm? I'm using Elite 80R's in my ceiling and Audyssey says they are full range (they aren't).
Sorry I didn't mean full range. I meant good bass response. I edit my original post. The Elite 80R seems like great speakers, but a bit over my budget.

·
Registered
799 Posts
In that price range, look at Monoprice and Polk Audio (often significantly discounted) and maybe KEF.

The problem with really good in-wall (and in ceiling) speakers is that they tend to be really expensive too. (Triad, James, JBL Synthesis, Wisdom Audio, KEF, Dali Phantom).

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I seriously doubt that you will find anything at your budget that will do justice to your Ascend RAAL LCR...

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
You might want to catch Sonance in-ceilings @ Best Buy, on sale. I would go 8”, however 6.5”woofer would probably work as well. Just make sure you purchase the adjustable i.e, tweeter. This may be a viable solution based on your budget/requirements, until if and when you wish to upgrade. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Reactions: vld

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I work for a Harman dealer. Revel makes excellent in wall and in ceiling speakers.

https://www.revelspeakers.com/products/types/in-wall/

https://www.revelspeakers.com/products/types/in-ceiling/
I will look into it!

In that price range, look at Monoprice and Polk Audio (often significantly discounted) and maybe KEF.

The problem with really good in-wall (and in ceiling) speakers is that they tend to be really expensive too. (Triad, James, JBL Synthesis, Wisdom Audio, KEF, Dali Phantom).
Monoprice and kef maybe an option for sure. Have you actually tried them out personally?
I seriously doubt that you will find anything at your budget that will do justice to your Ascend RAAL LCR...
Probably not...

You might want to catch Sonance in-ceilings @ Best Buy, on sale. I would go 8”, however 6.5”woofer would probably work as well. Just make sure you purchase the adjustable i.e, tweeter. This may be a viable solution based on your budget/requirements, until if and when you wish to upgrade. Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke
I've heard some good things about sonance. I'll check them out.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
4,855 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I work for a Harman dealer. Revel makes excellent in wall and in ceiling speakers.

https://www.revelspeakers.com/products/types/in-wall/

https://www.revelspeakers.com/products/types/in-ceiling/
Agreed but $150 - $200 each is not their wheel house.

As some have mentioned there are several quality options but not in that price range.

Most brand of in walls don’️t hit their stride from a performance perspective until around $500+ each and higher.
That's a good point. I'm trying to find some older discontinued models.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Agreed but $150 - $200 each is not their wheel house. As some have mentioned there are several quality options but not in that price range. Most brand of in walls don’t hit their stride from a performance perspective until around $500+ each and higher.
There are several Revel in wall speakers at that price point that are probably better than most other brands at similar MSRP's. If that's what the OP wants to spend, it might be possible to get B stock or on sale models that will suit his needs.

There are no Revel "older models" available. They are either currently models and available or discontinued and no longer available.

If you buy something that has reached the manufacturer's "end of life", you risk not being able to get parts at some point. IMO, it's better to find current models on sale if you are looking for the best bang for the buck.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I don't have first hand experience. Many on here do and have received good feedback. They do have that nice guarantee and nothing better than trying them in your own home.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What about the ELAC Debut IW-D61-W? Anyone have experience with one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Although my HT has a different setup, I personally use BIC America Acoustech for my in-wall and in-ceiling surrounds, rears, and Atmos overheads in my living room and like them. They are all 3 ways with decent woofers for bass. Compare the specs with these vs other in-walls and in-ceilings and you'll see these have good range. I suggest contacting them for a quote instead of going by their listed website price.

https://www.acousticsounddesign.com/product/bic-america-acoustech-ht-8w-in-wall-speakers-pair-ht-8w-355081
https://www.acousticsounddesign.com/product/bic-america-acoustech-h-310c-in-ceiling-speaker-h-310c-355636

H-310C
Frequency response: 24Hz - 23kHz
Recommended amplifier power: 10-250 watts per channel
Sensitivity: 90dB
Woofer: 10˝ Woven Fiber
w/High Power Magnet
Midrange: Pivoting 2-1/2˝ Woven Fiber
Tweeter: Pivoting 1˝ titanium

HT-8W
Frequency response: 35Hz - 25,000Hz
Power Handling: 10 - 175 watts per channel
Sensitivity: 90dB
Woofer: 8˝ Poly/graphite
Midrange: 2-1/2˝ Poly
Tweeter: 1˝ soft dome swivel
Crossover: 600Hz, 3kHz (12dB per octave)

·
Registered
799 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts