AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain /forum/post/15415388

samsung makes their own. sharp makes their own. samsung and sharp make for sony

i'm pretty unfamiliar with sony. do they have different models that have glossy or matte screens? if so i'm assuming sharp would make the matte and samsung the glossy?

· Registered
115 Posts
Sony has semi-glossy screens. Like the other poster said, sharp and samsung makes the panel, which has nothing to do with gloss. Panel is sandwiched between couple of films, so all they have to do at a manufacturing level is change the glossy film on the outside.

· Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabbas01 /forum/post/15415854

Sony has semi-glossy screens. Like the other poster said, sharp and samsung makes the panel, which has nothing to do with gloss. Panel is sandwiched between couple of films, so all they have to do at a manufacturing level is change the glossy film on the outside.

ahh i didn't know that. so they put a filter over the actual panels huh?

· Registered
735 Posts
Everyone buys and sells from everyone else. Sharp makes displays for many OEMs but not all Sharp sets use Sharp (or their licensee spin-offs like Quanta). Sharp has had a very strong long-term relationship with Sony and Toshiba.

Unless you take a screwdriver to the set, you may never know who is inside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.