AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that BenQ does not make their own plasma sets, and I would love to find out who does. The BenQ models are considerably cheaper than their competitors, so if it turns out they are made by a reputable company, they might be a good option to consider.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
As opposed to the Chumbawamba Picture Tube company who gets knocked down, but gets up again (sorry, bad joke).

·
Registered
694 Posts
I don't care who makes them, I just want to know how to pronounce BenQ. Is it "ben que"? , "benk"? or what?

-moving my lips while I read in Beaverton,

Lew

·
Registered
137 Posts
They used to be Acer Multimedia..changed hands or something.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I hear LisaJ serves up some pretty bad-as# Eggs Ben-Q-adict with a side of grilled trout for Sunday brunches, anyone tried 'em?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by lewlew
I don't care who makes them, I just want to know how to pronounce BenQ. Is it "ben que"? , "benk"? or what?

-moving my lips while I read in Beaverton,

Lew
haha I am in Beaverton/Sherwood friend.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brucer
I hear LisaJ serves up some pretty bad-as# Eggs Ben-Q-adict with a side of grilled trout for Sunday brunches, anyone tried 'em?
You forgot to add Trout soaked in microbrew..tommorow is Sunday are you coming for brunch Brucer:D ???

lisa :::slaps Ionman with the Plasma related FAQ

Acer Mulitimedia has been putting out computer products since 1988 they must know a little something about dumb old 46" monitors. ;) FAQ

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha no comment on Acer products Lisa! Tell Brian at Plasma Extreme that Ian says hello and when is he going to visit the Designtechnica forums again!!??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now that I think about it, Brian is the one who inspired me to look into the BenQ plasma's. Doesn't he have a large one at his house Lisa?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ioman
haha no comment on Acer products Lisa! Tell Brian at Plasma Extreme that Ian says hello and when is he going to visit the Designtechnica forums again!!??

He said he misses you dearly Ioman and he will be there soon, ( after he gets done working) I am suprised he didn't tell you how I make him work all the time..like he tells everyone else. If he gets caught on the forums instead of working he gets trout slapped.

BTW, my first computer was an Acer-- :D What I really like about benQ is that they sent me a really cool free travel coffee cup!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by LisaJ
He said he misses you dearly Ioman and he will be there soon, I am suprised he didn't tell you what a slave driver I am like he tells everyone else.

BTW, my first computer was an Acer-- :D What I really like about benQ is that they sent me a really cool free travel coffee cup!
So it was the travel cup that got you hooked eh!? haha.

He probably was afraid to tell me that you are a slave driver!!

·
Registered
891 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ioman
So it was the travel cup that got you hooked eh!? haha.

He probably was afraid to tell me that you are a slave driver!!
haha AND the travel bag AND pens.. and I really like the purple boxes...but it was the 46" inch thing for cheap, size does matter!

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LisaJ
You forgot to add Trout soaked in microbrew..tommorow is Sunday are you coming for brunch Brucer:D ???

I'm on the way!....

.....But I may be a little late....I think I inadvertantly took a left turn at Chicago several hours ago, & the sign up ahead says "Billings - 176 miles":D

·
Registered
891 Posts
haha brucer..soooo hang a sharp left at the sign that states" plasma hotel 6 we'll keep the light on for you"... then you should arrive here by Monday morning just in time for me to put you to work. I can call it bring your AVS forumer to work day. ;)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I think Acer sort of just spun off BenQ. I don't think it changed hands. It may, in fact, be wholly owned.

BTW, I wasn't sure it was CPT who made the panel, so thanks Bruce.

That seems to make the list of known plasma glass makers:

Matsushita / Panasonic

Pioneer

NEC

Fujitsu / Hitachi

Samsung

LG

CPT

Am I missing any?

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Hey Lisa,

Since my price prediction on the TH-50PHD6UY was pretty close , (Missed by $11)

can I be "Trout slapped" ??? :D :D :D

Unfortunately the thread disappeared (Well, at least I can't find it http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies...eadscratch.gif ).

I wonder why ??? :rolleyes: ... :D :D :D

·
Registered
891 Posts
Of course, Step right up to the plate ::lisa slaps Glauco Bruzzi with an 11 pound trout slap ( one pound for each dollar) ;)

I tried trout slapping you with the new panny TH50PHD6UY file but the file was too large and it wouldn't take it.

The thread poofed because your guesses were to good!! It got locked and closed. So you didn't see the song I wrote???

Rogo- your right, it was just a name change. I liked the old name.:D

back to work..later taters:p

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Lisa

If you ever run out of "TROUT" let me know, I live on a lake that has Monster Kitties (Catfish)...

Trust me, when you slap out of hand members with one of these, they will remember it :D

Harley

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.