AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Who makes the best car? who makes the best milkshake?

Really? a person with 100 plus posts is going to ask that? Come on, are you trying to encourage a flame fest?

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Now that is a loaded question.

·
Super Moderator
14,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC72 /forum/post/0

It's really a simple question. Who is the industry leader?

1. That's a different question from "Who makes the best subwoofers?"

2. Industry leader how: Total sales? Gross/net profit? # of units sold? # of satisfied customers?

3. The industry leader doesn't necessarily make "the best subwoofers".

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
I'll play.

I'd say the "industry leader" overall, is as much JL Audio as any other outfit.

Their smaller form factor "f" series subs are about as accredited as you can get (although they're not cheap) and their larger units like the Gotham "seem" to offer output and performance that are all but without peer. Never mind the fact that they're gorgeous...but again, anything but cheap.

I realize other manu's also have very capable units, great sales, and a solid reputation...Paradigm and Velodyne come to mind.

James

·
Registered
3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK2 /forum/post/20772594

Here's a recommendation:
Want advice on what sub to purchase? Please read this before posting...

"Best" is pretty subjective. Please read the link to the forum sticky. Stating your needs, environment, etc will be helpful to your question.

^^^ what he said.

Creating a thread as you did without any information as to what criteria you want considered in determining best is inviting the kinds of responses you have received.

Your reaction shouldn't have been "gee what douchebags" it should have been "sorry everyone, I'm an idiot. I meant who is best in these conditions: 1_..., 2-..., 3-..."

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
I have not heard EVERY sub out there, but I can rank the ones I have heard(owned)

from lowest to highest

Deftech Power Field 15(owned)

Dynaudio Contour 3.0 sub

B&W ASW3000

JM Labs SW900(owned)/Martin Logan Decent

Velodyne 18in(can't remember if it was HGS or an early DD)

Wilson Watch Dog(original)

JM Labs Sub Utopia Be

Seaton Sound SubMersive HP(currently own)

That does not mean that there are not other great subs. I have not heard SVS. I have not heard HSU. I have not heard JL. I have not heard Danley. I have not heard JTR. So the point is there are many subs that fit many needs. For my needs and constraints the SubMersive HP fits the bill. You need to be more specific in what you are looking for and what your expectations are.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.