AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
It's a good thing you posted... I'm sure someone with news wouldn't post without this thread.

I didn't hear anyone saying they were going to the auction.

A few folks are monitoring google news.

In summary, no news. (and probably never will be in this thread)

Robert

·
Registered
423 Posts
why is that not a legitamate question? There are a lot of people that have access to resources that I or others don't have. I think it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask and certainly not unreasonable to think someone would know.

Nice stinky attitude.

Calvin

·
Registered
13 Posts
:D ME

All bow down to ME.

I hold the awsome power of TV Listings and Clock Setting!

I put in a snipe bid on ebay with 2 seconds left!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well just bite my head off. We have limited access to the internet here at work and searches are sometimes not possible. Just Bl** ME!. Sick and tired of the attitude some people post on this board. Some one asks some thing and half the people leave snide remarks with out giving any information. The other half lurk.

Guyver ( a lurker )

·
Registered
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by calvin940
why is that not a legitamate question? There are a lot of people that have access to resources that I or others don't have. I think it's a perfectly reasonable question to ask and certainly not unreasonable to think someone would know.

Nice stinky attitude.

Calvin
Actually, this post gave me an idea on another way to check.

I called up a friend with access to a Bloomberg system (if you don't know what it is, then this won't mean anything to you), since they get business stories prior to them being posted on places like Google, and there was no news at all today. The last bit of news under SB's ticker symbol was about the GoVideo sale to Opta Systems.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The S/N here is bad I'll admit, I've had more than my share of flaming responses. Just try and ignore it. Or, if you find a good forum that has tolerant, non incendiary posters, please let me know so I can switch.. :(

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Ilusion,

Less "S/N" as you put it. But the down side it is also slower moving because of the smaller member base. But here you go:

http://www.planetreplay.com/

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I don't know anything specific about the Replay auction, but in the past I've seen assets auctioned in bankruptcy procceedings. The date that was set generally was the date for submission of the offers, and/or a hearing by the court on any objections to a sale free and clear of whatever liens, etc. existed. The winner, and even whether a sale would be permitted on the proposed terms, was often not determined for several weeks. The situations that moved more quickly were ones where there was a risk that the business would crater in the near term and reduce the value of the assets. I'm not sure if SonicBlue is that tight or not, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a definitive answer today.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been a lurker here for a while and have read many crappy responses to seemingly legitimate questions. I don't understand why people take the time to contribute nothing but offense. Can't wait to find out what's the deal with ReplayTv. Hopefully someone will hear something soon Guyver.

-Obi5

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Jones07: S/N - Signal-to-Noise ratio

The higher the number is the usually desired condition (more signal, less noise) But, if less S/N is what you're looking for, then you've come to the right place. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Thanks, now I know. I had it back-wards as usual

·
Registered
96 Posts
I agree about the noise, and often don't post because of it. Some people feel that all posts are directed at them specifically, and just have to post a response, even if only to say, "I don't know".

Some people post complaining that other people do stupid things, and don't add anything on-topic to the discussion...

BTW, I don't know anything about the outcome of the auction.

bill

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Perhaps I was a little harsh, but the simple fact is that if anyone from this forum had a knowledge and could post such knowledge they would have already. And I am sure the mods would be willing to make it sticky for a time period.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.