AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Ok, now I challenge anyone out there to put a $800 CRT projector into a mini-tower computer case, reduce its noise, and replace its tubes with ones that weren't designed for it.

Bonus points if the system is an LC system will color corrected lenses attached to a chasis that never had LC lenses. :D

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Funny, Sounds to me like he'd be better served by a CRT.

He hates expensive bulbs, wants it to last longer, quieter... All but size.

Troy

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
It's both amazing and disgusting at the same time! An impressive feat to wear both of those adjectives.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
What a mess, reminds me when I was a wee one and I would cut my plastic model cars up so I could install a electric motor, never worked and 40 years later I still cutting stuff up, the only differance is now I can get the stuff working.

What fun!

Deron.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
AT LEAST THE GUYS NOT A SURGEON

AT LEAST I HOPE NOT

XANATOS

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
I was waiting at the end for him to say that the pixellation was gone..:)

Curt

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Well he sure has a good sense of quality ;)

I like the way he strapped the bulb with wire onto a used-to-be fan-grill.

Also the fan hanging on the side of the PJ inside the computer chassi.

Wonder if that fan even adds any cooling or if more is better was the philosphy here.

Quite funny though :D

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Of course you can mod one - the question is "Why would you want to???"

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
No one ever said you couldn't mod a digital. They are perfect anyway, right, so why bother? A can of spray paint, hammer, what ever it takes.

Chip

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
Perhaps Art could hire him to quiet down those two G-90's he's got on order.

Chip

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I bet he's got twice as much money in it now as just buying a stupid lamp and being done with it. Don't people realize that a year's worth of labor that could've been spent making money doing something you know is more worthwhile than trying to do something you absolutely don't know and wasting thousands of hours labor doing it?! What a knucklehead. He could've painted a couple houses or something, bought 2 lamps with the money, and saved himself tons of time for watching movies instead of destroying a PJ AND a PC....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by M NEWMAN
Don't people realize that a year's worth of labor that could've been spent making money doing something you know is more worthwhile than trying to do something you absolutely don't know and wasting thousands of hours labor doing it?!
Isn't that the definition of a hobby? ;)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
hey curt whatcha using for your personal pg since you took the nec off the ceiling?.......

·
Registered
435 Posts
If he is willing to butcher that poor digital projector because of the price of a bulb, I would hate to see what other things in the house are wired/tape together.

Someone send that man a link to this forum. I would suggest he get a CRT PJ, but it would hurt me to see a good projector stuck inside a toaster case.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.