AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to buy some top quality connectors, and it isn't that I don't want to put a dealer's kids through Stanford, but I have an obligation to balance my quest for unparalleled excellence in home entertainment with getting my kids off to State U someday....

Can anybody suggest where I can buy great connectors and still be able to respect myself when I compare my measley paycheck to my credit card bill at the end of the month?

This forum is great, you guys are all awesome, thanks!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Diver,

I purchased Canare 75-ohm RCA connectors from Markertek.com and thought the price was reasonable (~$2.80 each). You might want to try there.

Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also purchased my connectors from Markertek. If you are looking to buy alot of connectors, ask for the bulk pricing.

JW Jazz

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
JW Jazz,

What number constitutes "bulk" and how much better is the price? (you can PM me if that's appropriate).

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If memory serves me right, the F connectors are $1.99 each if you buy 25+and the RCA connectors are $2.60 or $2.80 each if you buy 25+. The rubber boots are $.21 each for 25+ and come in about 8 different colors. These are Markertek.com prices.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Canare seems to be a favorite here. I'll gie Markertek a call, but do they carry the canare crimper dye? I'm assuming the dye will fit my Ideal crimper.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Diver,

Check out Chris White's DIY cable website (I posted the link in the other cable thread you started in this forum). He has info on where to buy the dye. I can't recall if I bought mine at Markertek or somewhere else but it'll be on that site.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I just got my canare RCAP-C53 connectors from josephelectronics at a cost of 2.59 each. After that I discovered haveinc had the same for $2.41.

From what I've seen have had the best prices.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Jeff,

Those are good prices. I'll have to remember that next time I order some.

Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
As far as a Cardas connector source... see www.diycable.com

Cardas quality is a step up from Canare, IMHO. Some would say a large step.

BOK

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the great information. I won't quible over a dollar difference in price. Does anyone know if the Cardas RCA connectors are 75 ohm? I e-mailed their tech department, but I haven't heard back on this question. so I thought I'd better ask you all instead.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've heard back from Cardas. For those who are interested, their RCA connectors are 75 ohm impedence matching connectors. They also have a model which is 100 ohm. My next quest will be for the perfect audio interconnect wire......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.