AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone found dealers selling HT1000 LAMP FOR LESS THAN £350 INC.VAT. I have seen the pj selling at various prices but not the bulbs!

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Hi Chezz,

Where'd you see that price? I'm curious myself...

Tried Ivojo or Projected.co.uk?

Gary.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI GARY, WAS TOLD THAT PRICE BY NEC SALES IN LONDON. don,t need one yet [ touch wood ] but would be nice to know whose cheapest in an emergency

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Might be cheaper to get it shipped over from the US - even with the duty etc.

I think I saw one US vendor selling for around $250.

Gary.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have thought of that GARY BUT have a feeling it might arrive looking like a jigsaw puzzle [no faith in postal services uk or usa] coul,d be wrong.has anyone in UK bought a bulb from usa and received it intact???

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
LOL, you have a point i guess, though I have ordered both collectable comics, and a motherboard (Digital Connection) from the US, and they've all arrived intact.

Gary.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
Gary could pm me about the $250 bulb, but I don't think there's that good of a deal out there. Looks like $250 would be a dealer loss.

I've found out recently that alot of HT projector dealers aren't really making much on their investments. You can be assured out there that there is no gouging going on here. Infact quite the opposite. Be happy to know you got your item very close to the wholesale cost. Tough business it must be, I can make more selling cigar humidors.

Cheapest on the bulb's I turned up is about $365 to $380 and I'll bet these prices are close to the price the vendor paid for it. JMO

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Hi Tom,

I think I must have been thinking of £250, which is the equivalent US price in UK money.

Add postage/import/duty and it could still come to less than £350 ($525) I would think (though not nuch).

Gary.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Guys, the margins on lamps are poor.

You're not going to save much by shopping around.

·
Registered
12,980 Posts
The margins on projectors is very small. The guy I got my PJ from only made about $300 and that's on a near $4k investment. In the Tobacco bizz the margin is more like 100%+.

I feel for you AV retailers! And being a buyer I'll thank you for your low prices.

Getting back to the bulbs, this projector hobby is quite expensive. I've already put 300hrs on my latest HT1000. I think I've only had it a month or so. So it looks like in 6 months or less I'll be needing a bulb. That's $800 to $1200 a yr just to watch TV. This says something for the Pany AE300's 5,000 hr range. I think I'll get one to watch my crumby DVD's. :)

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
To be honest, I'd prefer to drive down to my favourite dealer and get a bulb from him anyway. :)

Gary.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GARY, I have discovered that the bulbs for ht1000 are same as nec lt220 , lt240, lt260. IVOJO HAS LT260 listed at £317-25 inc vat.don, t know postage charge. they don,t list ht1000!!! that is probably cheapest anyone does until nec reduces price[fat chance]

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Cheers Chezz.

Gary.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Gary, you know I'll do you a good price when the time comes.

But I bet you change your PJ before you wear the lamp out, going by your past experience with the Davis PJ.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Hi Jeff,

Thanks - that's nice to know, but like you say - I'll probably upgrade longe before then. Got anything new or interesting in recently?

Gary.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hi Gary, the Optoma H56 is now on dem. It's the same chip as the NEC.

Has a longer lens, fewer adjustments than the NEC.

For your setup the NEC is still the best choice.

New Sim2 on the way, 1024 x 576 chip, six segment wheel, faroudja DCDI.

Should be a good unit.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
he new Sim should be pretty impressive.

They certainly know how do produce good pictures, judging by the HT200DMF I saw that day.

Gary.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.