AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using a Harmony One for a couple of years. Great remote. Went to upgrade to the Harmony Smart Control but I didn't like the lack of a backlit screen and I discovered that I did not want to use an iPhone/iPad to control my system. So I upgraded to the Harmony Ultimate and went through a setup nightmare. I finally got it working and it's actually quite nice, but it's actually no better than my One and I am not sure it's worth the price. I might just return it. That leaves me wondering who makes night universal remotes.

- would like the remote to be set up from the internet if possible

- learning ability

- use rechargeable batteries or built in

- cost less than the. Harmony Touch/ Ultimate

Does anyone have a list of alternatives? I really want to like the Ultimate but with all the hassles I just can't. justify a $300 remote, I think.

In short, who makes good remotes that can handles at least 8 devices and has Activities?

Thanks,

Philip

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Unfortunately, nearly everyone has exited that market.

If you want an inexpensive, PC programmable hard button remote your only real choice is Harmony right now.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalto  /t/1509977/who-still-makes-remotes-like-the-harmony-one#post_24165283

Unfortunately, nearly everyone has exited that market.

If you want an inexpensive, PC programmable hard button remote your only real choice is Harmony right now.

That is really strange and unfortunate. I guess tablets and smart phones really are having a major impact here.

The Harmony Smart Control would be perfect if it were backlit.

Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts