AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who can I send an email to, or call for that matter, at Comcast to get information regarding their plans for HD in Monterey Bay/Santa Cruz? I sent an email to customer support. Reply was from billing?!?

Does anyone have any information to share?

·
Registered
194 Posts
They have been saying "2 weeks" since I moved to the area in Jan. I also have been getting the run around from them on a specfic date. One of their techs told me the infrastructure had been upgraded for some time and he didn;t know what they were waiting on. I am albout ready to drop them. I absolutely hate their STB (non-HD) and their program guide. They only display a single 1/2 hour time slot and only display 8 lines. They waste 80% of the screen real estate and the response is very sluggish. It takes forever to page down to browse thru the listings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here. I've called them several times to see if it was available yet. They always say, "2 weeks" or "Try back next month". I have also been here since January. It's ridiculous...if everything is upgraded, what are they waiting for?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I spoke with a CSR at the headend office in Scotts Valley about two months ago and was told they were testing up in Davenport. They said it was because it was a small community. After that, they would rool out to Santa Cruz.

So I called the 800# this week because I'm missing all the good NHL action in HD and they said the infrastructure hasn't even been upgraded yet with no expected timeframe...

Bah!! If was at the least a consistant answer... At this point I give up on Comcrap...

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My suggestion is to send an email to the Comcast CEO, let him know your disappointment with the customer service you have been receiving, threaten to drop Comcast if someone doesn't give you an actual timeline (if you sub). If you don't sub, let him know that you would like to sub, but won't until HD programming is available. He will likely forward your email to a VP or similar in the Bay Area, who should contact you.

I believe the CEO is Brian Roberts. A search for Comcast CEO should turn up his name and email address on this forum...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think they are still putting in the infrastructure and don't want people to switch to satellite while they are being so slow.

Last week, there was a massive reel of cable parked on the street a few doors from my home on Branciforte Avenue in Santa Cruz. That leads me to believe they were rewiring in my neighborhood.

I think we are probably still a ways away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.