AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a new receiver I see a feature, group audio delay, in the Pioneer VSX-49TXi, Denon 5803 and 3803 models. And then it hit me. this MIGHT solve the slightly nagging issue of poor lip sync in displays with built-in video de-interlacers and enhancements.

Edit: Thanks, Mike, for confirming this issue.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
I definitely use the feature and the amount of adjustment necessary depends on the DVD or TV program I am watching. It can vary from an adjustment of around 25-30 ms to over 100 ms.

My receiver, an upgraded Denon 5800, allows a delay of up to 200 ms.

The lip sync issue is worse with my new Sony DVP N999ES DVD player than it was with my old Sony C600 player. Go figure - a "better" DVD plyer causes worse lip sync issues.

System:

TV: Standard Cable (non digital)

TV tuner: 14 year old GE VCR connected to Denon 5800 via composite video and analog audio.

DVD: Sony DVP N999ES connected to 5800 via component video, coaxial digital audio, 2-channel analog audio (for multi-room applications), and 5.1 channel analog audio (SACD).

Receiver: Denon 5800 connected to my FP and SE-13HD via component output to FR Input 3 for DVD's and connected to FP via composite input 2 for VCR and Denon 5800 OSD.

Good Luck with your choices,

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.