AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on the current panasonics there are two panes of glass, and this reflects the image really bad. i hope for the 08 models that they will go with only one pane of glass, thus making it a better picture at angles and lighter.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
I have the 42PZ700u, and I do not see any glare. Of course, the design of my viewing space is perfect for that - no ability to reflect (unless I leave the lights on directly behind me like a doofus). I live in a condo townhome, so no windows on the side walls.

I like the two panes, it makes the image "pop" and look much more lifelike. I can see how it would be a bother for those with many windows.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you look at the tv from a certain angle you will see the exact same image on the other pane of glass. for example the network logo

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregdpw /forum/post/12906082

if you look at the tv from a certain angle you will see the exact same image on the other pane of glass. for example the network logo

but how many are going to be viewing a program at that Angle ??

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I have 2 Panasonics and I fail to see how the "2 panes" affect viewing quality....or "relects the image really bad"

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

Quote:

I can only see that if I am standing within inches of the screen and looked at it from a sharp angle

·
Registered
74 Posts

Quote:

It does kinda bother me. I sometimes watch the TV from the kitchen which is off to the side in my house and I see the double image pretty well. It makes it look like a ghost image on any text on the screen.

What's the reasoning behind having two panes on the set? I just recently got my 700u and this is the only thing about the TV that kinda bothers me.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davdev /forum/post/12907159

I can only see that if I am standing within inches of the screen and looked at it from a sharp angle

Same here and how often do I watch my TV like this? :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts