AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 445 Posts

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think everyone on this forum would like to know what the Inuke12000 is actually putting out. I am one of them.

I have an Inuke 12000 that I am willing to send to someone if we can find a way to have interested folks donate funds to cover shipping costs.

Let me know who is interested (or can) test this amp, and then we can look into shipping costs and how we can cover those.

I am willing to let my amp be the test mule and take a beating for the sake of the "LFE Monsters" on this forum looking for a high power amp for under $1K with a warranty.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Bombelman

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
I'll chip in for it to be tested. We can all send money to a paypal account if you have one.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swolephile  /t/1521257/who-wants-to-see-the-inuke12000dsp-tested#post_24446516

I'll chip in for it to be tested. We can all send money to a paypal account if you have one.

I do have one. Once we establish where we will need to send it we can calculate shipping plus a little for the tester for his time. Sound good?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great. We are moving right along. Thanks guys.

Who can I contact to see if they will test it?

I Pm'd Chasw

·
Banned
2,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuckaman  /t/1521257/who-wants-to-see-the-inuke12000dsp-tested#post_24446519

I do have one. Once we establish where we will need to send it we can calculate shipping plus a little for the tester for his time. Sound good?

Sounds great.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts
And he doesn't really post any more these days...

It sucks. I'm down to chip in on shipping if we can find someone though.

Related question: What do we need to do to have this amplifier testing capability? Really what all do we need? What are all the components needed to properly test amplifiers in the way that we are interested in? If it's not that huge of an investment, why don't we just ... do it?! It couldn't be that hard or expensive.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian  /t/1521257/who-wants-to-see-the-inuke12000dsp-tested/0_100#post_24447838

And he doesn't really post any more these days...

It sucks. I'm down to chip in on shipping if we can find someone though.

Related question: What do we need to do to have this amplifier testing capability? Really what all do we need? What are all the components needed to properly test amplifiers in the way that we are interested in? If it's not that huge of an investment, why don't we just ... do it?! It couldn't be that hard or expensive.

* resistive load capable of dissipating 12000ish watts of heat configurable to multiple impedance settings

* good oscilloscope

* signal generator

* knowledge

* time

·
Registered
499 Posts
What about Josh Ricci from Databass?

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnyt  /t/1521257/who-wants-to-see-the-inuke12000dsp-tested#post_24447847

* resistive load capable of dissipating 12000ish watts of heat configurable to multiple impedance settings

* good oscilloscope

* signal generator

* knowledge

* time

Well... I don't have the knowledge but the other stuff I can work at.

How much is a "good oscilloscope"?

How much is a nice generator?

How much does it cost to build the load?

Can one build a very large one to test all sorts of amplifiers?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Do you have a local electronics repair shop? The one I use in Omaha does the regional service work and warranty work for many electronics and amplifier companies. They can test amps for power output, etc.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdome  /t/1521257/who-wants-to-see-the-inuke12000dsp-tested#post_24448364

Do you have a local electronics repair shop? The one I use in Omaha does the regional service work and warranty work for many electronics and amplifier companies. They can test amps for power output, etc.

interesting. I will call around.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
This amp requires a 50amp breaker. This isn't something a repair shop would likely even be capable of testing.

Which version do you have the 120v or 240v one? (I assume it isn't a uni-PS)

I have a 30amp 120v and a 20a 240v circuit.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I remember that water heater element in a bucket of water (actually many buckets) experiment from a while back. Is that what you are going to use for "loads"?

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
120vac version. good point on the 50 amp breaker.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
there are all sorts of ways to test amps as well. specifying what exactly you intend to test is pretty important.

while it might be fun to see results of 16hz full power sine wave until the amp shuts off, that might not be as useful as seeing power where thd skyrockets (clipping), thd+noise/noise floor, and perhaps something like 50% duty cycle power sustainability.

then there is the question of whether to use a variac or not. again, what exactly do you want to test...

1 - 20 of 445 Posts