Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't believe it. 5 Hd programs to pick from on at once tonight at 8:00. :p

Sometimes recently there have been six! :eek:

Never thought I'd see the day just a year ago.

Becoming a happier Chapper by the day :D

·
Registered
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chapdog
Can't believe it. 5 Hd programs to pick from on at once tonight at 8:00. :p
I see these posts from time to time; they always happen on a Tuesday. Its not indicative of the week. How about your HD choices at 8:00 on Thursday?

BB

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bdb
I see these posts from time to time; they always happen on a Tuesday. Its not indicative of the week. How about your HD choices at 8:00 on Thursday?

BB
You're right. Only two on at 8:00 on Thursday and one is the PBS demo loop. At 9:00 there are 4 again and none are loops.

Remaining undaunted....

the Happy Chappy :cool:

·
Registered
856 Posts
I'm always disappointed at how much HDTV programming starts right at 8:00pm Eastern time ... TOO MUCH! That's 5:00pm on the West Coast (too early for most people) and too early even for me on the East Coast.

No matter how hard I try, I can't get my two kids to sleep much before 9:00pm. By that time, every movie is half done, so I have to wait an hour or more for something new to start, and by that time, I'm usually too tired.

HBO and Showtime need to start more movies at 9:00pm Eastern. The other problem is that whenever HBO-HD finally DOES start something at 9:00pm it's always a repeat of what they show on Sunday night ... I do watch the first airing of those shows, but they repeat them at the same time too often.

I miss MLB on HDnet, because you don't need to see the whole game to enjoy the part that you do see.

169time would be great if it was cheaper for people like me. I wish manufacturers would get those HDTV PVR's out there so the prices can start falling. Every day I check out the schedule and cringe when I think about how much HDTV is wasted on me because of the start time vs how much of it I want to watch!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Rick,

I know. I have a three year old and he goes to bed around 8:00, which means realistically until we're done with the "I'm hungry," I'm thirsty," etc., it's 8:30 or later. Believe me, I love my son and putting him to bed is usually fun (reading stories, playing little games to calm him down), but I'm always missing something. I wish the 8:00 hour EST would be reserved SOLELY for family-oriented programming. And I agree, HBO shouldn't start any feature film before 9:00.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
I constantly wonder if programmers are also the janitorial service...

They appear clueless.

Why do they schedule kids programming after 9pm and why can't satelite programmers maximize their audience?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by B Smooth
Sounds like you guys need and HD-Tivo like the rest of us.
!!!!!!!!! BINGO !!!!!!!!!

....but I'm still lovin every minute I can get "live" in the mean time.

;)

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I heard that is no HDTV available so it's nor worthy buying an HD set...

Is that true?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I have about 1 1/2 hrs each evening to watch the tube so I want to cram as much viewing into that short time as possible. I usually end up recording something on my PVR and watching it SD, that way I can get 2 shows in. I just don't have the time to sit through live HD, and with a 6 year old in the house, it's hard to watch anything adult oriented.

So, yeah, I definitely need an HD PVR!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.