AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a Sports bar last night (here in Toronto) to watch the Hockey Game(s), they had 3 CRT projectors - Convergence sucked, Picture was a very dull pink color - man was I disappointed - I ended up watching the game on one of the 19" tv's they had there, Watching the game on the big screen was just too hard... kinda like when the wreck a really nice car in a movie like a Porsche, or Ferrari... it just makes me cringe.

...anyway I went over and talked to the manager/owner - he's looking to replace all three of them with something better... Anyone in the Toronto area looking for some sales and install work (CRT, LCD, or DLP) whichever works out best price wise.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention that these units were "Runco" cinema series projectors... but must have been old - Big ugly square boxes... and I wouldn't even want to guess at how many hrs were on them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I went to a bar last sunday night and they had a large NEC crt (could've been a 9") in a brightly lit room pumping out Fox News on a huge screen.

I could tell it was Fox News, cause when I went right up to the screen and squinted I could see a very faint logo in the corner :) Well....it was pretty bad anyway and certainly a HUGE waste.

Makes you wonder why some people bother right?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
CINIMA BEAMS

AT LEAST 20000 HOURS

OF TORTUED USE

LETS SEE A POOR LITTLE NAMBY PAMBY

DIGITAL PROJECTOR TAKE THAT

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

XANATOS

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
Shane, why not talk them into retubing them? Tubes are $190.00 USd each from VDC, the install is damn easy, and they're good for another 4 years.

I charge $2K CDN per projector, and I do about 40 a year here in Vancouver. A bar that uses a projector 14 hours a day will be crying the blues (or whites) within 3-4 months when the $800.00 (CDN) bulb burns out on a bulb projector...

Or ship them to me and I'll retube them and calibrate them...

Curt

Curt

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks curt... I'm going there tonight I'll ask if he wants to retube...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.