AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To provide some background, I have a house prewired for sound in four rooms supporting 6 speakers. The guy that did it was a pro and used 16/4 cat5e and 16/2 wire for my wiring. He wired for controls in each room and ran a home run to a closet for the sound and a home run for the surround sound to a separate cabinet. He connected the two locations with a pair of RG59 cables that I still need to terminate. I am wired for 5.1 in the entertainment room.

Here is where I need help. What do I get for an AV Receiver and what do I do about the whole house speaker set up? My plan right now is to get a Denon x2000 and use the preamp out (zone 2) to connect up to the RG59 and hook into a Delton Audio Multi Zone Amplifier (MA 1240a). Finally, I would use slide controls for the volume controls and then call it a day. I should be able to do this for close to $1100, not including the speakers. I have heard of some people setting up this amp in zones and tying it to an Airport Express allowing for separate listening in the various zones by various iPhones. I may do that down the road, but the MOST important thing is that it is EASY for my wife to use.

Will this work? Is this the best set up for the budget? Is there a better option? Is there a configuration where I run everything from the AV Receiver and just add a speaker selector? I'd appreciate any input you could provide. I am not married to getting the Denon, but it seems to be one of the better options out there.

I wanted the 3d pass through/4k, Audyssey, and Airplay support and I want minimally 5 rear HDMI inputs. I am running an Apple TV, Blue Ray, Direct TV tuner, and WII U into it. I have an Ethernet connection handy so the wifi is not a big deal.

Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you may have.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm in a similar phase of construction, and I'm going with the monoprice 6 zone unit hooked to:

-an airport express

-a basic fm radio tuned to her station

WAF is also important to me, and this gets it solved for around $1000 including speakers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts