AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my 1270 today and after it was mounted realized that the ceiling was not level. I've got two options - bring it back down :( and put some shims between the ceiling and the bracket or use the skew setting to adjust it with the projector. I'm guessing that it might be a 5 degree angle from the red tube side to the blue side.

Anybody have any experience converging with a slant like this? I did a quick convergence and it seems OK, I'm just not convinced that this is the way to go.

On a different note - I want to keep my image in the center of my tubes but I'd like my screen to be higher than the crt is currently projecting at. I think I've maxed out the RGB shift. Has anyone had good results tilting their PJ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
You probably can get it to converge as is, but why make the electronics of the PJ work harder than needed?

I think I would concentrate on getting the mount "on the money"; shim it or do whatever you need. You will likely find if the mechanical setup is good you will need less electronic compensation and ultimately things will run better. Remember- the better your mechanical setup the better the end result, with very few exceptions.

Good Luck!

--Kieth

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Tim,

I'll second Kieth's comments. Getting the mechanicals right to start with is a small investment that will pay big dividends down the road.

> I'd like my screen to be higher than the crt is currently projecting at. Has anyone had good results tilting their PJ?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What exactly is the vertical Scheimpflug? Is this also known as "flapping"? Do you know how this is done on the 1270?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Tim, yes, Scheimpflug is another name for the lens flapping adjustments. I don't have a 1270 myself, but Mooneyass has some really nice pictures and descriptions on his web site at http://www.mooneyass.com/Sony1270Q . He's written a complete Setup Manual, which he revises periodically, as his knowledge grows. Check it out.

- Tim

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link.

I took down my projector and remounted it level. I then tilted it up by about 1 or 2 degrees and was able to get pretty good convergence on my 16:9 screen.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.